Lincoln Electric 225-GLM to Digital?

AC Buzz Box to Digital Amperage control.
Anybody know if this would be possible and any hints on what I would need?
To get it to DC would also be a nice project?
Any tips?
Bert Newfoundland
| AC Buzz Box to Digital Amperage control. | | Anybody know if this would be possible and any hints on what I would need? | | To get it to DC would also be a nice project? | | Any tips? | | Bert | Newfoundland
Do you have an electronics degree or a strong grasp of D/A, high current, filtering, microcontrollers, etc?
For DC, would need some big-assed diodes: 1 or two for half-wave rectification, 4 for full wave, mebbe some big-assed capacitors. The diodes are now pretty cheap. Pretty straightforward. Digital amp control?? Goodgawd.... Why??????????????? Run all this by the mavens at sci.engr.joining.welding ---------------------------- Mr. P.V.'d formerly Droll Troll

Thanks for the help, The is a whole shop full of electronic technologists next door at the College i work at so maybe I'll suggest this as a term projcet for one of them (wink).
Bert Newfoundland