Lincoln Electric 225-GLM to Digital?

AC Buzz Box to Digital Amperage control.

Anybody know if this would be possible and any hints on what I would need?

To get it to DC would also be a nice project?

Any tips?

Bert Newfoundland

Reply to
Bert Plank

Do you have an electronics degree or a strong grasp of D/A, high current, filtering, microcontrollers, etc?

Reply to
carl mciver

For DC, would need some big-assed diodes: 1 or two for half-wave rectification, 4 for full wave, mebbe some big-assed capacitors. The diodes are now pretty cheap. Pretty straightforward. Digital amp control?? Goodgawd.... Why??????????????? Run all this by the mavens at sci.engr.joining.welding

---------------------------- Mr. P.V.'d formerly Droll Troll

Reply to
Proctologically Violated©®

Thanks for the help, The is a whole shop full of electronic technologists next door at the College i work at so maybe I'll suggest this as a term projcet for one of them (wink).

Bert Newfoundland

Reply to
Bert Plank