looking for custom reamer source

I posted last week about shaping the end of a standard reamer to be a ball nose. I had reasonable success with the procedure, but this project will require several reamers of different sizes, so I have decided to have some reamers made. Anyone have positive input to point me towards a company who could take on such a task. Looking for two sizes to start, not sure what the minimums will be...

TIA,

Ryan

Reply to
Ryan

Pac-Nor, Clymer, are two that I have used. I usually buy from MSC, or make my own "D" remer for a one-of job

Red Rider

Ryan,

Where are you located? The company I work for deals with an excellent custom reamer/tap maker.

Can I ask why you would want a ballnose on your reamer? I've never heard of a reamer that cut anything except for smooth round holes (concerning the z axis only). Perhaps a ballnose endmill would be more reasonable? If you've got a bench grinder, you could make a single flute ballnose cutter, depending on the material you're trying to cut.

Regards,

Robin

Reply to
Robin S.

Try XKUT / Mr. Forney specializes in custom reamers. He is very reasonable.

His phone # is 717-362-4181

Tell him Maxaggie sent you.

Thanks

PS. He really helped me out on some oddball tapers

Reply to
Maxaggie

NELCO INC.

1524 S. DOWNEY RD.