Looking for insert ID

Our school was donated some tooling which included a a neat little insert boring bar with a 1/2 inch diameter shank about

4-1/2 inches overall length.

No inserts came with it.

Boring bar came in a clear plastic case like thse that end mills come in. Case is marked Komet Werzeuge, with a part number R.B. VJ (or UJ) - 500 - G - R.

Insert is slightly smaller than a 1/4 inch IC TCMT insert.

Does anyone know if this bar takes (or can use) an ANSI TCMT

1.81.52.CD825 / ISO TCMT 09 02 08 insert? These have an IC diameter of 0.21875 inches which looks about right. These inserts are expensive and I don't want to buy anything we can't use.

If anyone knows it will be someone in these groups.

Thanks for the info.

Reply to
F. George McDuffee

If it says Komet Werkzeuge, then the tool probably came from Germany, the insert is perhaps metric - sounds like 6mm, if you say it's slightly smaller than 1/4"... (0.236")

-- Cheers,

--Mitch

Reply to
Mitch