Looking for OLD crawler and macine info

I have a friend who's looking for info / possible values for some old relics he has on hand.

1) 2 - HG42 Oliver "cletrac" crawlers with hyd. blade and lots of spare parts.

2) a Manley Wrecker Crane ( he said off an old model A wrecker). Ser #6364B made by American Chain Co, York Penna. Its all manual but still works. In the '80's he was still yarding wood with it.

Anyway, he's interested in selling them if they're worth anything. He lives in north-eastern Oregon. If anyone knows any info resources I could use in my search I would appreciate them.

Thanks, Byrd

Reply to
eByrd

Since he lives in Oregon, he'll want to get in touch with these people and maybe try to sell his machines at the show:

I've seen a dozen Cletrac crawlers around that people have restored. It's certainly worth something, but not a fortune. I know nothing about the wrecker.

Reply to
Jim Stewart

TRACTOR ASSOCIATION. They are very active in Oregon

Chuck P

Reply to
MOP CAP

Those Cletracs had pretty weak final drives, they went fast if they were worked hard.. Folks who swapped car motors in after the original motor went south learned this *very* quickly, at least in my neck of the woods. If they have good final drive guts they're probably worth more to part out than to sell as whole units.

John

Reply to
JohnM

Reply to
RoyJ

Byrd:

If your friend still has the Manley Wrecker Crane, I would like t purchase it.

email me at snipped-for-privacy@stoeber-cpa.com if interested.

Tom

I have a friend who's looking for info / possible values for some ol relics he has on hand.

1) 2 - HG42 Oliver "cletrac" crawlers with hyd. blade and lots o spare parts.

2) a Manley Wrecker Crane ( he said off an old model A wrecker). Se #6364B made by American Chain Co, York Penna. Its all manual but still works In the '80's he was still yarding wood with it.

Anyway, he's interested in selling them if they're worth anything. H lives in north-eastern Oregon. If anyone knows any info resources I could us in my search I would appreciate them.

Thanks, Byrd

-- "Some people will tell you that slow is good...and it may be, on some days...but I am here to tell you that fast is better. I've alway believed this, in spite of the trouble it's caused me. Being shot out of cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is wh God made fast motorcycles, Bubba...."

Hunter S. Thompso

-- tstoeber

Reply to
tstoeber

The Cletrac dozers (Cleveland Tractor Co) are a collectors item.

Reply to
clare at snyder.on.ca

Yeah, but probably not worth as much as you'd think. There were thousands made. I checked ebay completed auctions for "cletrac". One unrestored, model not specified got up to $520 without meeting reserve.

The other, a restored HG42 with hyd blade had a starting bid of $4,500 and a "buy it now" of $5,200 Zero bids.

I'd guess that $500-$700 for a complete unrestored unit would be a fair price. Think heavy discount if hard-to-find parts are missing/destroyed. OTOH, a seized engine is not a big deal to a hardcore restoration guy.

The guys that actively collect and restore these things would generally prefer to horsetrade than shell out alot of hard cash.

Reply to
Jim Stewart