Machine info

I have a Bridgeport mill I bought on line the serial number is 81019654 what model is this and is the year a 1954 ?

Can you get online free down load manuals ?

Reply to
scott

Google is your friend, Scott.

"Bridgeport manual" returns all kinds of PDF manual downloads. Some of the same sites may have serial number data

Reply to
Rex

Is there no model number? Most of the documentation you'll find is by model. There are some. I scanned some R2E4 stuff that Iggy has on his site... but if it was made in '54, it's a heap older than an R2E4!

I assume - from your questioning it to possibly be of that vintage - that it's a manual mill, and not CNC?

There are lots of docs for old machines. I even found some fairly good information on an old F.E.Reed taper-cutting lathe I found, cleaned up, and sold. The presence of documentation helped up the selling price a bit, too!

(It wasn't a great lathe for general-purpose work, but I miss hearing that "slap-slap-slap" of the leather belts, if just for the nostalgia of it.)

Lloyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh