machine inspection Denver

I've been on the search for a Lagun ftv-4..

There's TWO at an auction in Denver. Bit of a road trip. I'd gladly pay somebody to go inspect it, take a bunch of pics, and talk to me over the phone while you're in front of it. Karl

Reply to
Karl Townsend

RoyJ

I think I know of one in California..Anaheim

Even more of a road trip.

Ask for Joe or Mike, tell him Gunner the OmniTurn guy referred you.

Thats a BIG freaking mill. Even I nearly need a stepladder to run it.

Gunner

Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Reply to
Gunner Asch

You should see one make chips. Do you know, for sure, of the condition of this unit? There's an FTV-4 on eBay, reliable tool, right now. looks like they did a super job cleaning a beater. I almost contacted you for an inspection of that unit.

I shook hands with a fella to buy my Bridgeport just as soon as I get a replacement mill. Plus, my son is laid off right now. I'm buying gas to anywhere in the good old US of A to pick up a nice FTV-4.

Karl

Reply to
Karl Townsend

Im not sure, for sure, but it was under power when I was in there last. No one wanted to use it, because they are all short latinos, and needed to stand on a box to run it.

Give em a call and see what they say

Gunner

Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Reply to
Gunner Asch

I called Joe yesterday, and he said he would talk to his brother Mike about selling it.

So if you dont get one someplace else, dont dispair

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner