Made machine feet for my Bridgeport -- pix and question

It depends on how accurate I want to be. Not claiming to be an expert or anything.

Ignoramus3627

Well, if you had a _really_good_ metrology level, and you _really_knew_ how to use it, and _really_had_the_time_ to set it that way.... seein' how's the heat of your hand could jump the bubble half a line...

LLoyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

Lloyd, the machinist levels offer some reasonable degree of accuracy, I think. Comparable to a dial indicator over a not too much distance.

Anyway, I am sure that you know 100x more about this stuff, than I do.

Ignoramus3627

Thats NEVER going to happen in BP. Table sag and fixture deformation will bite you in the ass.

It might work on a big assed K&T, etc...but not on a Gumby..er Bridgeport

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner