Manual for an Onan CCK 1R genset?

Anyone know of a maint manual for an Onan CCK 1R 4.0 kw genset that can be downloaded?

Basic carb repair, timing and point setting..the usual stuff.

This is the older version that has relays..not the fire hazard one with the PC board.

Gunner

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this dist..." Maj. Gen. John Sedgewick, killed by a sniper in 1864 at the battle of Spotsylvania

Reply to
Gunner Asch

The point gap is .020. Remove the front cover, the flywheel has one mark and the front gear cover has degree marks for timing. I believe the timing on the gen sets was 8-degrees btdc. The points box is shifted back and forth until the points just break to set the timing. The points box is on top of engine right behind the carburator remove the screws for the cover to set points. Just loosen the box mounting screws enough to tap the box back and forth with continuity light/vom until points break with flywheel aligned with witness mark on gear cover for correct timing.

As I recall there is a start solenoid rear right hand corner. Next to that standing up is a charge resister. Left side of box has load lugs. In the middle of the box are two metal relays, one a regulator, the other is called a reverse current relay. Treminal strip in front for remote start/stop wiring connection. Start/stop switch mounted through the right side of control box next to DC ampmeter. Some control boxes had a long adjustable(slide collar) resister to adjust charge rate the mounted on a long(5-6") screw from back bulkhead of control box.

This unit should have the downdraft carburator. If you need instructions on linkage setup. The rod from governor arm that comes out of the top of the timing gear cover on the front is set so that it starts at wide open throttle. So the rod to the carburator should be adjusted long enough that it goes through the throttle shaft smoothly on the carburator at wide open throttle locked in place with throttle clip. The metal clip that is able to be slid back and forth on the governer arm is a sensitivity adjustment that controls hunting (throttle opening and closing uncontroled). The spring and rod with adjustment nut controls speed (set at 61 Hz or aprox.

127v no load) the T screw on bottom front of carburator adjusts fuel to air mixture. Adjust till engine runs smooth at full load. The idle screw on throttle shaft is set just to idle when throttle is held closed no load.

Understand this is from recolection of repairing Onans before Cummins bought them out over fourty years ago. Then the part number for point/cond. set was 160-836. Some things stick in your mind, others are lost forever.

Sorry I didn't keep any parts or service books or you would be welcome to them.

Reply to
RLM

Should get you the generator head
Should be the engine

Reply to
Steve W.

go to the onan generator board at smokstak.com. This is a very standard engine.

Ignoramus20222

Thanks!

Gunner

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this dist..." Maj. Gen. John Sedgewick, killed by a sniper in 1864 at the battle of Spotsylvania

Reply to
Gunner Asch

No problem. This is part of the same source I sent to your headers email address. Don't know if you got it or not. If not drop me a note (remove NOT) and I'll send it again.

Reply to
Steve W.

Have you tried contacting

I've found a lot of companies are willing to email you a scan if you ask nicely.

Wes

Reply to
Wes

Got it, and many thanks. Its been very useful already.