Skil Chisels

I have some all metal Skil Chisels, pn 73358, that apparently fit a Skil Jack hammer. The shank is about 4-1/2" long to the retaining shoulder. 3" of round 3/4" diameter and 1-3/8" of 7/8" hex. Hex next to retaining shoulder.

The overall length is 14". The tip is 1-7/16" wide and is a 45 degree cutoff shape. One side of the tip is about 1-3/8" longer than the other. Thus the 45 degree thing.

Any idea of which Skil or other hammer this fits?

Thanks Bob AZ

Reply to
Bob AZ

The 7/16 hex was a very popular standard for many years. Ive a black and decker hammer "drill" that uses that size ...no rotation, just beats only.

I also have several actual rotating hammer drills that use the 7/16 hex

Skill, black and decker and my bigassed Milwaukee. several of them can have the rotary motion turned off and beat only.

Gunner

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this dist..." Maj. Gen. John Sedgewick, killed by a sniper in 1864 at the battle of Spotsylvania

Reply to
Gunner Asch