More engine pictures

The scrubber itself found its resting place at United Metals of Chicago today.

Reply to
Ignoramus19365

I googled the two part numbers I could see in the pictures and the one on the starter comes back - starter for 36 hp Diesel. So, looks like that is certainly a Kubota.

Sure hope the cooling system was drained as per the warning decal.

And, it sure looks like a project.

Paul

Reply to
KD7HB

Ah, Iggy. To have your youth, ambition and energy. Today we cleaned the garage, that is what we couldn't finish yesterday. Enjoy it young man, for one day it will be gone. Ya done good.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

And if you haven't found the engine serial number, this URL will show where it might be located:

Paul

Reply to
KD7HB

You know Steve, even now I notice that I have less of all of the above...

I was completely exhausted after taking that engine out...

Ignoramus19365

Paul... this is awesome.. thanks... The first order ofthe day is to find a proper engine oil filter. I bought one filter today at Autozone that I thought would fit, but it has a diff. thread pitch on the nipple. Someone at smokstak said that I can find a proper filter at Autozone.

Reply to
Ignoramus19365

When I was sixteen, I could have the heads off a 283 Chevy motor in about an hour. Now it takes me that long to change my oil.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

Yeah. I used to be able to pull the 283 out of my Comet (yep, chevy in a Ford!) in less than an hour. Of course, I had a LOT of practice. sigh.

Reply to
RoyJ

Keep in mind that cars have become a lot more difficult to work on, since you were 18 or 16 etc.

Ignoramus28480

On Mon, 03 Aug 2009 10:06:06 -0500, the infamous Ignoramus28480 scrawled the following:

My first truck was a '61 Ford F-100 with the 312CID V-8 engine. I could climb over the fender and stand next to the engine during the tuneup, removing the plugs/points/condenser/cap/rotor from the ground on either side.

My 2007 Toyota Tundra is a larger pickup but it doesn't have more than

4" of clear space on either side. Additionally, its 4.7L engine is physically smaller than the old 312.

I much prefer the newer vehicles. Does anyone here miss working on those damned carburetors? EFI is sooooooo nice!

-- A great preservative against angry and mutinous thoughts, and all impatience and quarreling, is to have some great business and interest in your mind, which, like a sponge shall suck up your attention and keep you from brooding over what displeases you. -- Joseph Rickaby

Reply to
Larry Jaques