Mosin Nagant

The No.4 Mark I Enfield had it's chamber enlarged to abide muddy conditions. Clear the bore and you're ready to shoot. With a Garand, field strip, clean all and lube and it probably would function.

About the same, with a slight edge to the Enfield as proved in post WWII trials in England with US troops against British.

True, 5 rounds into a firefight no one can hear anything.

Nonsense, the en bloc clip is part of the magazine, the rifle won't function without it in the gun.

David

Reply to
David R. Birch

way. In any

And if you have 8 rounds.

Its hard to get them to hold...3

Gunner

I am the Sword of my Family and the Shield of my Nation. If sent, I will crush everything you have built, burn everything you love, and kill every one of you. (Hebrew quote)

Reply to
Gunner Asch

way. In any

But the discussion of how the Garand, or any other Military weapon is loaded is a bit moot when discussing a combat weapon, isn't it. After all a unit equipped with Garand rifles will also be supplied with ammunition to support it. Or, for that matter, if an Enfield... apparently the British can manage that also.

Cheers,

John D. Slocomb (jdslocombatgmail)

Reply to
J. D. Slocomb

that way. In any

Actually it is quite easy, at least to load two rounds - ask anyone who has shot in Big Bore matches with a Garand as it was used during the years that the Garand was the rifle to shoot in military matches.

You simply press the empty clip into the receiver, drop in two loose rounds and let the bolt go close.

Cheers,

John D. Slocomb (jdslocombatgmail)

Reply to
J. D. Slocomb

that way. In any

Notice I gave an uneven number?

Gunner, Garand owner and shooter.

I am the Sword of my Family and the Shield of my Nation. If sent, I will crush everything you have built, burn everything you love, and kill every one of you. (Hebrew quote)

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Yes, in combat, when you have 30M2 on 5 round stripper clips or 250 round belts, but nothing in Garand clips, the enemy will wait until you are properly supplied.

During the Battle of the Bulge, strippered or belt ammo was reloaded into scavenged 8 round Garand clips at the front because that was what they had.

David

Reply to
David R. Birch