Myford coppy Lathe $20

Unless you would want to use it as a coppy lathe it's basically a bed, spindle, tailstock and saddle (no cross slide seprate from the tracer). No threading. Would be usefull as is for attaching a toolpost grinder to the saddle and grinding between centers. Otherwize there are some challanges invloved in making it usable. Motor on it now is three phase and there is no chuck, I did aquire (at a different auction with a harrison) a spindle adaptor that fits it and takes southbend #2 collets of which I got a set 1/16" thru 11/16" by 1/16 th (same auction as the harrison but with a van norman). $20 for the lathe , if you want the lathe and the collets the collets are $50 for the set. If you only want the collets then they are $70 provided you take the free lathe.

Lathe is prety small, about 7" swing over the bed and 18" max between centers. Would easily fit in a trunk if unbolted from the base .

Before it had lost it's "New toy" value I had hooked it to the hydraulic unit for my arbor press and actually coppied something, so the tracer and controlls did work, though it didn't come with it's own hydraulic unit.

Will not ship any part, must be picked up. My zip for mapware 18942

Dan Buckman

775 Geigle Hill road Ottsville Pa 18942

610 847 8873 snipped-for-privacy@enter.net

I'll try to look back for reply posts but the screen on this laptop just yesterday started intermittant antics (within two days of the aniversery of purchase) So I may loose contact. contingencies yet to be formulated.

Reply to
Dan Buckman

Dan, Are these Morse #2 collets with the drawbar thread in back?? (What thread?) I am VERY interested if so. Respectfully, Ron Moore

Reply to
Ron Moore

They are not Mt 2. they are shaped like an r8 only smaller and with an external thread. Streight part is 0.86" in diam. not sure what the tapper is on the end. They look almost identical to the Van Norman V5 collets and since they were with the VN 24 that's what at first I thought I had scored (though the vn 24 is a 50 taper) . V5 collets though are 0.85" in diam. Close but no ciggar. Most likly the adaptor for these collets that fits the Myford also fits some southbend, the myford spindle taper accepts a mt4 but it sticks way out, whereas the adaptor fits just right, must be something like a mt 3 and 3/4 . It doesn't fit the harrison it came with. At the moment, since the myford is still sitting here, they make me feel like I might find some use for it. I do not want to be left looking at the myford if I don't have at least that little justification.

Reply to
Dan Buckman

I hit the reply (not the reply to group) button and outlook exp did nothing so I guess Microsoft or some one doesn't approve of my giving personal replys? probably cause I have a different mail cliant I'm not alow to send mail thru outlook, just like they don't provide a spell checker unless I have other ms word processors.

If ph# is phone number it's 610 847 8873 (which was in the origanal post)

All the collets in the 1/16- 11/16 set (judging from a quick look) say south bend 2 There are two extra odd size,, one 47/64ths says Hardinge 2AX the other

19/32nds Hardinge 2A.
Reply to
Dan Buckman

Reply to
Ron Moore

Dan,

Stick around for a awhile, we miss having you here.

Kevin Gallimore

Reply to
axolotl

Last time I stopped by I saw the news that Mike and Pete had been chased off by some kind of lady. I would poke arround a little more to see what's new but the bottom half of my screen is flipping out and I can only display a few lines at a time. So what did you miss? My fine poetry.?

No must have been my steller spelling. Something for everyone to aspire to.

Reply to
Dan Buckman

The scintillating wit, of course, with metalworking content. And the spelling police are still at Duncan Donuts.

Kevin Gallimore

Reply to
axolotl