Naptha?

I am surprised that Coleman Fuel is okay. I doubt if the same stuff is legal if sold as paint thinner. You can not buy regular paint in California. It has to be low volatile paint.

But in the L.A. area it is against the law to sell gasoline powered lawn mowers.

Did you take a good look at the contents? I started to buy a box clearly labeled TSP, but in the fine print it said that it was actually Sodium Carbonate. I do not think you can buy detergents in N.Y. with phosphates.

Reply to
dcaster

Just a chip off the old acorn, wot? Suckage.

Perhaps it's time for everyone who uses Amazon to have a word with them about their colleagues.

-- The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools. --Herbert Spencer

Reply to
Larry Jaques

I didn't look too deeply, but what I found is that the basic law cuts VOC-containing liquid container size down to a maximum of one quart, to avoid commercial use.

I guess it sounded like a good idea to them at the time.

How are the sales of goats doing?

Yes. This one is 75% - 80% trisodium phosphate

It works for brush-type rust-removal, which I use a lot:

I've run into this for years. Few retailers carry it; I don't know exactly how the law reads. My first choice usually is the local Sherwin-Williams store. The last time I bought there it was 100% TSP. But I was in Home Despot the other day and thought to pick some up.

You can't buy detergents with them here in NJ, either. Or in Illinois. I tipped my mother-in-law to buy some and to add two tablespoons to her laundry, after she complained that the new detergents weren't getting things as clean as they used to. That's the main reason I run out of it every once in a while.

We have a real algae problem in NJ, from runoff, and I'm told that phosphates actually are the bigger problem, over nitrates. Since they've taken it out of most consumer products, the algae problem in the Delaware River supposedly is much lower.

As long as TSP is sold in dull-looking boxes in big paint departments, it's unlikely we'll see much problem with its overuse.

Reply to
Ed Huntress

Turns out Amazon is not the only infected outlet. I read one story about how TRS got transaction information from Walmart, too.

I guess it is safe to assume that TRS can do a man-in-the-middle attack on *any* transaction, even writing a check *in the store*.

I sure am glad there is a video camera at each intersection to catch crime. :)

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

I thought your recommendation was use wire brush once and then throw it away and buy a new one.

Dan

Some people get away with using them twice.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Tom, bite the bullet and grab T-bird. News and mail without too much pain at all. But don't ask for help. I got a reply 3 months later after asking a question on the forums.

-- The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools. --Herbert Spencer

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Had not considered paint stripper, no Al. here, so worth a try.

Good thing it was a bronze part...I once tried gas welding a new header onto a steel expansion chamber, and managed to diffuse enough of the carbon inside the pipe 'into' the steel, that it just snapped off, so darned brittle!

-bill

Reply to
Bill Martin