New Albrecht Keyless Chuck

Hi Got home today and found that my new Albrecht Keyless Chuck had come UPS.
Just got to looking at it, and it seems to be fairly well packed with
grease? cosmolene? I wondered if anyone here knows if I am supposed to soak
it in a solvent or the like before use? I checked the Albrecht web site and
don't find any instructions there, and of course it's too late to call.
Thanks,
Paul
Reply to
Paul B. Sutfin
Yeouch. I'd just wipe excess grease with a towel and use it (clean the internal taper extra well with a towel and then your finger to make sure there are _no_ debris before installing). Removing the grease from inside will really mess up a chuck.
Regards,
Robin
Reply to
Robin S.
There happens to be a lot of info on removing cosmoline at this time in the newsgroup alt.machines.cnc.
Fred
Reply to
ff