New Newsgroup?

One problem with that last one is that Outlook Express (and possibly some other software which pretends to be a newsreader, but I've only verified it on OE) take *any* two-letter pair followed by a colon ':' as being "Re:" in some language or other, strips it off, and replaces it with its own "Re:". I've seen it happen *many* times in this newsgroup.

So -- something other than "OT:" is needed. Perhaps "[OT]" will work well enough, and not be wiped off branches of the thread map by anyone replying with OE as a newsreader.

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

Agreed. But you are again making the mistake that being a consumate polictican means one is smart. Sometimes those are kinda skew line sort of things. They amost meet, but not quite....

Jim

Reply to
jim rozen

You have _got_ to be kidding. (said in an amazed, WTF were they thinking kind of a way, not in a "I don't believe you, DoN" kind of way)

Maybe we just nuke Redmond from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

Reply to
Dave Hinz

--LOL! Good one, heh. Step #1 for anyone using usenet: lose the click-click-click-web-mouse interface and go for a text-only keyboard interface.

Reply to
steamer

Hey, you're the mayor.

I think though second prize is being the mayor, twice.

Jim

Reply to
jim rozen