Newby: How to remove collet closer from SB 9" tool Room Lathe?

Can anyone direct me to an on-line tutotial to me Remove collet Closer from SB 9" lathe?

My Goal: Take apart my SB 9" lathe so I can move it.

I assume I must do these things:

1) Remove collet closer assembly behind head stock (I'm no dummy, but can't figure out how) 2) Remove cover to change gears (collet closer assembly currently prevents this 3) Gain acces to bolts securing head stock to bed and remove the head stock.

I know nothing about my lathe. I bought cheap but will not be able to run it until I retire and take some classes at the community college. Frequent job related moves= never found any chip-making buddies to help me through this (or to help me move it while still heavy / assembled).

Any help appreciated:

Pat

Reply to
spincircles

Pat, where are you located?

Reply to
RBnDFW

I live in the Metro Detroit Area, Oakland County. Pat

Reply to
spincircles

That area ought to be crawling with retired machinists. Anyone?

Reply to
RBnDFW