Not Really a Gloat

I haven't cared much for HF for a while, but I needed a basic bench top drill press as a second machine for my tapping head. When I have time to spend actually in the shop I felt like I was spending too much time swapping back and forth with belts/speeds and knocking out tapers and putting them back when doing certain jobs. Besides I really don't like swapping heads all the time. I finally brought it down to the little 12 speed from HF as the one I could afford to just set on the bench and dedicate. I really didn't want to buy it. I feel they take the machines guys like Grizzly reject sometimes. I searched high and low for somebody else selling the model at a lower or even the same price, but never found one. The machine is listed as marked down on their website, and I found a discount code for

20% a couple weeks ago. Into the cart, but I just couldn't bring myself to pull the trigger. This morning I punched in my credit card and finally did it. The total came up to low. Huh? I looked at the invoice and realized they didn't charge me any freight. "Crap!" I thought. "I'm going to have to deal with going into the local store everyday to see if they have it yet." Then I looked again. I was sure I selected regular ground freight. "No freight on orders over $99," and my discount code still worked. Woo! Hoo! Its been a long time since the stars aligned for me like that. Now if its one of the "good" cheap machines when it gets here. LOL.

No its not an iggy or gunner class tool gloat, but I am happy with the world this morning.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

More than one I've looked over a display at the HF store and decided the item was "eh" but would do for what I needed, only to get home, open the box or crate and find that the item inside was notably better than the display model.

Reply to
Pete C.

I've been using one for ten years and am happy with it. I think the motor rating is a bit optimistic. It's not the quality of a 60 year old Delta but neither is a new Delta. Karl

Reply to
kfvorwerk

Yeah, no shit. Delta has sure gone down hill. I got a 240 volt Delta radial arm saw a few years ago, and I don't like it much at all. I use my

120V Rigid table saw for almost everything instead. In fact, right now the RAS is being used as an auxiliary workbench, and its not even plugged in. Hasn't been turned on in over a year. When I first got it setup it sucked. The blade brake on the motor shaft screamed and never could be adjusted. I finally took it off and threw it away. I never could get the saw adjusted to zero (90 degrees) at the stop either. I just gave up and when I needed to use it I set the angle with a carpenters square and clamp it down.
Reply to
Bob La Londe