Oil-Fired Melting Furnace Success!!!

The 4th & Final installment on the "Master-Blaster" Oil-Fired Furnace is now posted...

Frank

Frank

I looked through your pages of your Master Blaster. Why don't you put the proper ignition coil and safeties on your oil burner? It would be safe enough to run on its own then. Greg

Reply to
Greg O

Lookin' good! Makes me want one of those burners...

About the page, what are you using to write it? Can you put a break between the images? In 1024x768, some of the text gets covered by the previous image. If you're doing it by hand, the code is: or depending on which alignment needs to be spaced down past.

Tim

-- In the immortal words of Ned Flanders: "No foot longs!" Website @

Tim Williams

Hey Greg,

I didn't get the coil w/the burner, and the one I picked-up isn't even close to mounting properly, so it would mean wiring it into place... As the entire assy is metal and welded at all contact points, I'm concerned about it becoming "HOT" ie electrified...

The Burner does ignite easily as is, and once warmed up will even self ignite off the (Refractory)

Frank

Frank

The Batch Burner is gaining priority for me as well, I just don't have the anger in me anymore to pound on an engine block for hours to get reasonable size chunks... I guess I need to be really pissed-off to get back into the swing.

Frank

Frank

Is this a great web site or not? A little OT, but wouldn't a plan for an oil fired rotary furnace for cast iron be the nuts. Away back in time when oil was cheap, industrial oil fired rotary furnaces were putting coke fired cupolas out of business. Besides the economy the better sulfur control and far less pollution was a plus. For example take 30" dia drum x 24" long lined with of 4" of 3000 deg refractory cement will give you about 200 to 300lbs melt capacity in less than hour. Maybe smaller would be better, but heat losses would increase, however a SS heat exchanger for incoming air would greatly increase efficiently and produce higher pouring temps. Donald Warner

Reply to
Donald

Hey Donald,

I've already started the sketchs for a 40Gal Drum Melter...

Same Burner set-up as the "Master-Blaster" but a drum on it's side, that lies on 4 steel wheels to roll with a handle that locks the position when not pouring...

The Refracty would be grooved to a pouring spout that is integrated into the sill of the door...

It would be a spring project now as, I'm booked solid through the winter, but I can start gathering parts...

When melting down small engines or larger scrape like Heads off automotive engines it would work like a charm.

Frank

Frank

I like that..."Booked till spring" on projects of course...........Nothing like having all your time booked up tinkering is there? I just love it.

-- Visit my website: Remove nospam for correct address http:// snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com Contents: foundry and general metal working and lots of related projects. Regards Roy aka Chipmaker // Foxeye Opinions are strictly those of my wife....I have had no input whatsoever. Remove nospam from email address

Reply to
Roy

Well Roy it ain't all it's cracked-up to be, of late it's been cutting into my drinking time... But I guess that's the point eh?

I Hate the shit that's on T.V. and there's not a hell of a lot to do up here in the fall (as I don't hunt any more...)

Frank

Reply to
Frank