Old time manufacturing

and many others from the Library of Congress

Reply to
Rick

Fascinating!

Reply to
cavelamb

Wonderful to watch! How many OSHA violations can you find. It's a wonder we get any work done today.

Ivan Vegvary

Reply to
Ivan Vegvary

Very cool. Karl

Reply to
kfvorwerk

Wow. My grandfather was a good forge welder, and I've dabbled with it a bit, but nothing on this scale. Bet you had to LOOK to find the weld after they were done.

Notice the hammering in the background on other parts? See ear protection anywhere? Lot's of hand signals, probably nobody could hear worth a darn!

What would be the preferred process for the same job, using today's technology?

Reply to
Bill Marrs

Same with this one!

Rick

Impressive! Those guys were swinging those sledge hammers like they were broom sticks. Probably 10 or 12 lb hammers, too. Bob

Reply to
Bob Engelhardt

The Pentagon was being used in 11 months, finished in 18 or so. We are strangling our selves via regulation and lawsuits.

Wes

Wes

But ask yourself, would you want your kids to work in an environment like that?

Ignoramus17277

The WWII mentality would end our need to burn coal in about 2 years. We would be using nuclear for everything electric.

How long do you think the enviromental impact studies would take now?

Wes

Wes

One impressive thing that no one has mentioned is those **upward** sledge hammer blows. It's one thing to raise the hammer over your head and bring it down fast. But bringing it up fast from around your ankles takes

**strength,**
Reply to
Leo Lichtman

Take a look at the photos on this website:

Michael A. Terrell

Damn you Michael!!!!

You got me into yet ANOTHER fascinating website thats going to eat up a shitload of my time going through.

Sigh....you do have a way of diverting people who have things to do.....sigh....

thanks Dude..absolutely fascinating website!!! Bookmarked and saved!

Gunner

Gunner Asch