Opensided Shaper or Planer ?

I found item 7537241053 on ebay while looking for a shaper. (I'm not
affiliated with the seller.) The seller says it is a "hydraulic openside
shaper". It appears that the head remains stationary while the table moves.
Is this actually a shaper or a small planer? I have no way of moving 12,500
pounds so I'll have to pass regardless of price.
Reply to
Loading thread data ...
I'd call that a planer. Like you, I don't have room for it
but I still want it! its only 45 minutes from me SWMBO would Not Be Amused did you see the frosting on the ways? ...
Reply to
Fred R
I've been drooling on that listing, too. And I won't be bidding, either. Deep sigh.
Adam Midland, ON
Reply to
Adam Smith
Went for five hundred bux. Sad.
Best regards, Spehro Pefhany
Reply to
Spehro Pefhany
There was a Rockford hydraulic shaper (28" I think) in seemingly mint condition on eBay in Michigan a few months ago which went for under $500. But I didn't have the space or the means to lift something that heavy so I had to pass on it too.
Reply to
Works out to 4 cents a pound!
Reply to
Bob Engelhardt

PolyTech Forum website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.