OT: 1930's hill climb

another group. Karl

Reply to
kfvorwerk

Some of those guys knew how to handle a bad bounce pretty well.

Dave

Reply to
Dave__67

Take a look at

see how it was done back "in the day".

The hill climb at Laconia, N.H. was up a sky jump landing.

Reply to
john B.

Nice cinematography!

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

I wish that I could have heard the real sound of what it was like to be there. Nice clip!

Reply to
Denis G.

I wish that I could have heard the real sound of what it was like to be there. Nice clip!

reply:

That old racing nostalgia is great, isn't it?

Looked like just a bunch of old knuckleheads. I did see one Triumph. Must have been like riding a log compared to today's technology. I noticed that the hill was not as challenging as most of today's. You still gotta give it to them. It takes big balls to strap a motor to a log of a bike and hillclimb with it.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

Yup. I was imagining what their faces would have looked like if a kid on a modern bike just zipped up the hill. I still do like the old stuff and I liked john B's link to the piece about Red Bryan and modifying his old Indian -- casting his own cylinder head and converting it to overhead valve. In addition to being a good machinist, he seems to have been a pretty good racer.

Reply to
Denis G.