OT: 6 ft bathtun source

I can't seem to find ANY standard 3 wall alcove tubs in 72" length. Standard is 60", but I want 72". All I can find are whirlpool style, i.e., EXPENSIVE!!! All I want is a 72" standard tub, not a drop in, (I hate tile work )

Anyone know of a place I can get one for under $600.

Reply to
Steve Walker

Have you looked through the Kohler line? Go to

and look at their bathroom products. I wouldn't swear that you can find one for under $600, but I know they make several 6' models. I'm in the kitchen and bath remodeling business and I've been asked about this a number of times.

The standard 5' cast iron bathtub is one of the best deals going. Less than a dollar a pound for something that will last a long time, if not forever. But when you vary from the standard, price goes up steeply. I would suggest looking at the acrylic tubs. Non-standard cast iron tubs are very expensive.

Reply to
Gary Brady

What is your location? 72" bathtubs are available with skirts in most areas, but be aware, most come with whirlpools, and can cost more than $600. However, a local manufacturer of tubs in your area may be able to hook you up!

Reply to
Bathman