OT - A/C heads up

While we're on the subject, my neighbor just paid $2300 to have her compressor/condenser replaced. It seems that her little terrier has been pissing on the condenser for the last few years and his urine has eaten several holes through it.

If you have a male dog that shares the backyard with your condenser unit, either trade him for a female or put a fence around the condenser.

Reply to
Jim Stewart

Or better yet how about a little training? Rig a grid and a coil so that when fide lets loose his stream he completes the circuit and gets zapped. I knew a guy that did this as his neighbors cat was spraying his hubcaps on a regular basis and that ended the problem for ever.

Reply to
Roger Shoaf

I've got one. Last Saturday the AC froze up from the dust getting by the air filter. I fought with the air ducting, never did fully understand the methods of how it is done, and then suspended the evaporator from the ceiling. The wife came up with the idea to staple up plastic over the furnace and let it hang out the door to funnel out the water and dirt. It was hot and I was in a hurry and didn't listen to the little voice in the back of my mind that I'll probably get sick from the decade of family illnesses and mold.

Sure enough half way through cleaning it with a sprayer on a garden hose and compressed air I started to feel like it is too late for my lungs. By the time I got it all back together and up and running there was no doubt. I've been practically on the ground panting with pneumonia for the last week. AC works as new though.

I should have put on a *good* mask which I don't have and broke out the bleach, but NOooo...

Reply to
Sunworshipper