Tom Gardner

We installed several different versions on several different vehicles trying to prove they worked. Could never get any measurable increase in fuel mileage or decrease in emissions.

Reply to
clare at snyder.on.ca

Gunner? Brass!!!!

Reply to
clare at snyder.on.ca

If you snap one on your screwdriver, it will hold screws. If you snap one on your fuel line, it will hold screws.

Reply to
Leo Lichtman

I got a coupon today from Harbor Freight and it had the FUELMASTER magnetic gizmo on sale that reduces your fuel use nearly 12%. Another one on the market is the Fuel Miser, there are a number of these magnetic things on the market and have been for years. Anyone here ever try one out? I'd sure like to hear about the experience. They have been on the market for a lot of years as I remember. Do they actually do some good? I just can't imagine why they would work, but maybe.... Thank you.

Wally

You're kidding, right? Tell me you are!

Harold

Reply to
Harold and Susan Vordos

DU

Reply to
Don Foreman

No, they froze off.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

On Thu, 12 Apr 2007 01:13:46 -0400, with neither quill nor qualm, clare at snyder.on.ca quickly quoth:

I saw a lot of them on fuel lines when I was wrenching in California. The only benefit I can remember was that one of the strange people who used 'em said he wanted "happier fuel." I didn't argue. ;)

They sure didn't improve performance or mileage.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

They work perfectly for their intended purpose.

The thing is, their intended purpose is to separate your money from your wallet, and transfer it to the vendor's.

Reply to
Doug Miller

Let me think. Detroit would kill for a 12% fuel economy increase. Government would mandate this if it worked.

Snake oil.

Wes

Reply to
clutch

That is like fishing lures. Primary purpose is to get you to buy them. If they catch fish, even better.

Wes

Reply to
clutch

Don't give Gunner any ideas. He'd probably scrounge up a binnacle and hang his balls on port and starboard.

Reply to
Robert Swinney

LOL! Maybe that explains why I always have better luck with live bait.

Reply to
Doug Miller

After I get tired of artificals or flys depending on rod, worm dunking seems to get the intended response. At least the fish that get away don't feel cheated :)

Wes

Reply to
clutch

Strap sez: "> The ancient and curious thing called religion, as it shows itself in the

'Nother way of saying . . . "Panacea of the masses"

Bob (doesn't belabor the obvious) Swinney

Reply to
Robert Swinney

They work really well for their designed purpose, which is separating people from their money. I am dismayed that HF lowers themselves to sell this crap.

Putting it simplistically - if you weren't burning all the gasoline that goes into your engine, your unburned hydrocarbons would be high. They're measured in parts per million on your emissions testing. What does that tell you?

Reply to
Dave Hinz

Actually, not a lot. It means you aren't just pouring the gas out on the ground. But, you can harvest the energy in the gas efficiently or not efficiently. If you did it more efficiently, the exhaust gas temperature would go down. It would be nice to drive that WAY down, but Detroit has never fielded a system that did much.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson