OT: Break-in update

Reply to
Karl Vorwerk

People who simply say "Get a dog" should be horsewhipped. They're the reason so much pet abuse (including puppy factories) exists. Buy a clue. For every Inky, there are 5,000 pets whose owners essentially just chain 'em up and leave 'em. It's criminal.

Heh, heh, heh. 1 Atta Boy (Atta Dog?) goes out to Inky.

When I'm crowned king, pets, unions, religions, and politicians will be outlawed. It's not fair to animals, and the latter 3 groups do far more damage than potential good.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Heart Attacks: God's revenge for eating his little animal friends --

Comprehensive Website Development --

Reply to
Larry Jaques

I bet you could get an 'empty' bottle from your local gas repair crew.

Reply to
Nick Hull

I still say that a vaporizing laser is the only tool which would do 2 extremely important things:

1) remove the perp, permanently, no questions asked. and 2) leave no evidence of #1.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Heart Attacks: God's revenge for eating his little animal friends --

Comprehensive Website Development --

Reply to
Larry Jaques

This thread again "proves" that high-density urban environments are extremely expensive to maintain. In the past, there was no alternative, but with the vastly improved transportation and communication systems there appears to be no good reason to continue to pay the price. BTW, even if you put caps on governmental spending/taxes, you will still have to pay the costs, possibly with a "surcharge," as this thread shows.

Reply to
F. George McDuffee

any way you can have your motion detectors hooked up to a sprinkler system that sprays something non toxic but annoying out in the yard? been thinking about that for a while now

Doug

Reply to
Doug Schultz

How about you spray that UV dye? The stuff is colourless unless you shine a UV light on it, then it shows up purple. A few burglar alarms use it. If the cops have a suspect they can shine a UV light on him. Apparently the dye lasts for months.

Chris

Reply to
Christopher Tidy

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. What does the bank use for dye-packs, I wonder? You don't want it to be toxic, because some sleaseball lawyer will try to get you on that, but merely annoying at the time (and short-lived so you're not suffering forever) would be nice.

I like the idea, though, of a really, really loud siren. Is the security system picking up the intruders, or missing them? If it knows they're there, make it very unpleasant to be inside. Sirens and bright strobe lights in several locations at different flash rates would be quite unpleasant.

Reply to
Dave Hinz

The installation I did many years ago was a vault. A very strong, cement block room reinforced with lots of rebar. It had a big safe door on it. There were lights and sirens both outside and inside of this vault. some were obvious. Others were hidden. They were powered from multiple sources including battery backup.

Inside the vault was absolutely unbearable. Even with a blindfold, ear plugs and hearing protectors. You would just get sick and disoriented. and panic would set in. The only response you would have would be to flee this extremely harsh environment.

Reply to
Lee Michaels

| > Doug | | How about you spray that UV dye? The stuff is colourless unless you | shine a UV light on it, then it shows up purple. A few burglar alarms | use it. If the cops have a suspect they can shine a UV light on him. | Apparently the dye lasts for months. | | Chris

Most likely even longer, since the losers don't bathe anyway!

Unfortunately, the stuff will then stain everything else in the area: shop, tools, furniture, product waiting sale, etc. I liked the idea a lot until I realized that most of the dye won't wind up on the perpetrator!

Reply to
carl mciver

Maybe you can apply the dye with an automatically operated paint gun? ;)

Reply to
Nick Hull

Try a Google on "pain field generator". There were a few articles years ago. They were made from high power ultrasonic tweeters. Claimed to be quite painful (120 Db+ SPLs). The cats would probably object though. Ramsey Electronics sells a kit, but I have only seen the catalog blurb. Might be interesting to add a nice loud subwoofer; IIRC around 18 Hz. Supposed to do wonders for the nerves.

Reply to
keith bowers

sleaseball lawyer

Kinda redundant phrasing...

Reply to
Stephen Young

Funny part is "Inky" was such a friendly dog that NOBODY would have suspected he would have nabbed this guy like that. Kids in the store would play with him, roll around on him, etc., and he would basically just lay there and put up with it. Real mild-mannered canine to say the least. He really got lots of affection/attention after the news got around. - lotsa "good boy"'s Ken.

Reply to
Ken Sterling

Chuckle! Or attacked by the cat, having been interrupted from its 18 hours of daily sleep.

I say get a dog. A serious dog---one that bites.

Often.

And hard.

Only when you're been burglarized can you begin to understand the dislike you can garner for people that won't earn their way in life by honest work.

Harold

Reply to
Harold and Susan Vordos

Best damned story I've read lately! That's what I call a dog.

Harold

Reply to
Harold and Susan Vordos

When you're crowned king, you'll have my undying devotion. I'm sick to death of unions, religion and politicians. They all damned well should be outlawed. Pets-------dunno. My bride takes better care of critters than she does of me, and that's hard to believe. I don't miss any meals. Some folks dedicate themselves to good critter care. Then there's the rest.

Harold

Reply to
Harold and Susan Vordos

A sure sign of an intelligent animal. It's commonly accepted that they don't think. I get the idea that the intruder thinks they do. I know from personal experience critters think, and make decisions. Even a canary.

Harold

Reply to
Harold and Susan Vordos

My uncle had a mutt that was very protective of his wife Dot. You raise your hand to her and the dog is on you instantly. So protective Uncle Dave could not get into bed if Dot was there; She had to get up so he could go to bed, it was OK if she joined him. My uncle decided that was a small price to pay for that kind of protection.

Reply to
Nick Hull

After 15 frakin' break-ins you should be able to waste these guys!

There are a lot of smart people here, we should be able to come up with some good disposal methods.

I think weighting the body and dumping in a deep body of water is the best.

Incineration is good but more difficult. Anyone got plans for a homemade unit? (

Reply to
H.C. Minh