OT: Break-in update

Reply to
Nick Müller

Larry Jaques wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Whew!

Fer a minnit there I wuz beginnin to get wurryd but then Ah figgerd the ods an saw that all the critters are safe: cats, birds, dogs, fish, and evun the varmints - Congresscritters, preachers, union organizers, and all the other con artists.

Reply to
Eregon

"H.C. Minh" wrote in news:Xns96ABBDC21A8FEDFB5CA3DA6@

69.28.186.121:

A large induction furnace is always a nice addition to a shop as is a good heat-treating oven.

Reply to
Eregon

That has been done! In the 70s, I was managing a tire store. One night a thief broke in by kicking out the bottom of a glass door. He made several trips in and out. On the last trip out, the top half of the glass slid down. Cops were able to match the three digits in the store with the three stumps at the county hospital.

Reply to
Andy Asberry

Reply to
JohnM

Works best if you weigh the body with a 50# block of salt to keep it from floating. Be sure the wire will fall off when the salt dissolves.

The best, if you can do it, is a single hunting bullet to the torso such that the victim can crawl at least 100 yds in the deep woods. when/if found it looks like a hunting accident.

Reply to
Nick Hull

Well, I don't mind prosecutors and patent lawyers...

Reply to
Dave Hinz

Anyone who's had even *one* kid can really appreciate that redundancy is a good thing when it comes to parenting.

Even more than that, the notion that a kid is inheriting *two* sets of family values and behaviors, from which he can pick the best and discard the rest, is kinda comforting.

Jim

Reply to
jim rozen

Seems more likely they pick the worst from both sides ;)

Reply to
Nick Hull

Few questions/coments:

What are they stealing?

Where are they selling it?

digital video systems are cheap.

Lord knows I'm no gun fan, but shotgun shells are cheaper[perhaps filled with granny's rock salt]

small windows? thick plexi; you are not slowing their entrance enough

junkies are smash and grab, tvs and stereos

if they know where the sensors are, they have been there in the daytime, you do the math.

Reply to
yourname

Apparently not well enough!

Harold

Reply to
Harold and Susan Vordos

Yup. Been there, done that, didn't like it. For _years_ after that fire I got immediate flashbacks to it if something would overcook, or if I'd singe some hair. Not good. Only good thing for the guy was that the coronor says he got one breath full of hot air and that probably killed him, so it was relatively quick. One of a handful of the worst calls I've been to in a dozen years as a firefighter/EMT.

Reply to
Dave Hinz

After RVN..I avoided BBQs for years.

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner

One at a time was bad enough - I can't imagine seeing this routinely in a war zone. I suppose it gets easier after the first couple hundred...

Reply to
Dave Hinz

"I love the smell of napalm in the morning. It smells like...Victory"

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner