OT: burning a US flag with an accelerant

Clark Magnuson

E. Walter Le Roy

Ok, stupid question: it is or is not legal to burn a flag in the U.S. in accordance with the military rules for disposing of old flags? I've never gotten that one straight....

Reply to
gcc

Legally, it is called Honor and Respect. One just doesn't burn a flag, one puts it to rest. In other words, not to crumple and trow in a trash pile to burn.

It is done by itself in order to prevent trashing it.

To burn one on a stage or such I believe can be a legal issue - free license was not given away.

Martin

Mart> Ok, stupid question: it is or is not legal to burn a flag in the U.S.

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn

I really enjoyed the pictures posted by the OP. That aside, I wonder what is done to "retired" flags, if not crushing and burning or shredding.

Ignoramus16175

You have to wrap them around a dead Republican and bury both of them together. It's the law.

-- Ed Huntress

Reply to
Ed Huntress

Could you skip a couple steps and just bury a republican? :-)

Cheers Trevor Jones

Reply to
Trevor Jones

Not for long flag waver !!

There will be no govts to pay mercenaries in the future .

Reply to
werty

"Retired flag"? You mean like those flags that you see all the time flying from certain people's car antennas? The ones that get ripped to shreds after a little while from being flapped to pieces? I think those uberpatriots just throw them in the trash and get another one of the "Made in China" symbols of America.

Hawke

Reply to
Hawke

Brilliant writting ! he would have caught you though , if you had put the comma after stupid :

OK Stupid , question : Is it legal to burn a flag for disposal , and yet not as a jesture ?

ha ha ha ha ....

-------------------------------------- ppl burn American flag to protest the sellout flag wavers "crusaders" mercenaries , ripping off other countries ( Vietnam , Saudi Arabia , Persia , Nicaragua , Mexico , China .....)

The USA trys first to kils their leaders to steal oil . S.A. , Mexico , Persia , Iraq ....et al

Or if no oil , gives terrorist countries F-16's and tells them to shoot up their defenseless nieghbors , then goes to desparate nieghbors and sells them F-16's at "fire sale" prices . Whose "fire sale " damn it !!!

Now you know the reasons for our friendship with the Isrealis ! We give them billions in free weapons . In one year alone about 1993 ? we "forgave" 8 billion in DOD loans ... bullets and tanks to kill Leboneese ? But its a cover of a much larger rip off ........ OIL THEFT !

Its robbing the mid east of its oil . The Iranian hostage crisis ? it was about us killing Iranian leaders , long ago and running out the Khomeni to Paris , then stealing their oil ! Why are we in Iraq ? They have oil . Rumanda had no oil , so US voted in U.N. to pull out and we watched 125,000 humans hacked to death with machettes ...

Can you guess what Ossama realy says when the mike is in his face ? He said the USA is stealing His oil , it belongs to him and his family . US army baracks bombed in Rihyad ? The Saudis hate our guts for the theft , so they attacked us . its their own Kings selling out S.A.

The terrorism is the US govts propaganda "counter" excuse . Here's the big one !! 911 was another cover . Bush needed more cover up of S.A. oil theft , cause the rest of the world knows Ossama's charges are true . In the future the history books will accurately record the deeds of the US govt .... after its fall .... Ironically , we will have no need for oil in 30 years . The world have few ppl , only rich and they will prefer expensive trains on welded track . This will kill oil prices to less than a dollar a barril . If you have trouble with the "accounting" try to analyse the game of musical chairs , all govts play , ...

World pop loses 6 billion in 2030 , there will be no more "jobs" for any human in the advanced countries ....

Reply to
werty

Yes, according to 4 USC 1, burning is the preferred method of destroying flags no longer fit for display.

That's always been a separate issue from the efforts to restrict politically-motivated burning of the flag, which the Supreme Court has repeatedly held to be protected political speech.

Reply to
<josh

How do you procure a dead republican? Do you find them or make them? :)

Reply to
Nick Hull

And you dispose of filled diapers using Democrats via the same process.

Reply to
clutch

I think they have to be dead before you get them. No problem, their average age is pretty old, and there are plenty of them around.

I may be a candidate myself one of these days. Wrap me well.

-- Ed Huntress

Reply to
Ed Huntress

Duh, hyuck, yo, clutch baby, don't strain your brain trying to think of a clever comeback. You'll wind up with a stroke, and wrapped in a flag.

-- Ed Huntress

Reply to
Ed Huntress

Whoops.... I've been using live ones.... No wonder it was so noisy.

John

Reply to
John

"Retired" flags are folded per spec and like ours in a case. That one was from the Marines and was the cover for my father-in-law upon his passing.

Simply folded and placed in a protected place is just fine. Not to be washed and thus not in the dirty clothes.

Martin

Martin H. Eastburn @ home at Lions' Lair with our computer lionslair at consolidated dot net NRA LOH & Endowment Member NRA Second Amendment Task Force Charter Founder IHMSA and NRA Metallic Silhouette maker & member

Ignoramus16175 wrote:

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn

Reply to
Mickey Feldman

There are NO "rules" concerning disposal of a flag. The statute about disposal states that disposal should be done with Honor and Respect with burning being the preferred method of disposal. What that means is that you don't just wad it up and toss it in the trash or soak it in gas and light it on fire. You also don't wear it as clothing.

Reply to
Steve W.

Of course not. There will however be corporations to hire mercenaries..and Ive put you on the hit list, out for bidders.

Currently Wendy's and Taco Bell are in discussion with me about how I want you done. Regular or extra crispy.

Gunner

Gunner