OT: clone a hard drive

If you have all software installed and the drives mirrored, by "breaking" the mirror the second drive is an identical, virgin copy of the first. Disconnect it and it is a bootable spare, ready to install if the primary fails. You MUST back up your data, obviously.

Reply to
nospam.clare.nce

If I remember correctly it can be done, but requires making a bootable drive first - then using the xxcopy/clone command. I know I have successfully cloned an XP drive, but also remember it was not as simple as W98.

Reply to
nospam.clare.nce