OT-Credible alternatives for students

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

Just as likely, they'd be sent to OCS.
David
"David R.Birch" wrote:

Only if they cam march in a straight line, and are inbred at least three generations. :(
have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.
David R.Birch wrote:

2 reasons. reduce the welfare roll, and cannon fodder.<G>
--
Steve Walker
snipped-for-privacy@verizonwallet.com (remove wallet to reply)

========Don't confuse stupidity/incompetence with ignorance, bad environment, and lack of positive roll models. Before you make a choice you have to know there is an alternative.
While not a panacea or cure-all, just getting many people out of a highly toxic environment and providing positive roll models and considerable reinforcement has worked wonders in [re]integrating individuals into productive activity and general society after their term of military service.
--

-- Unka George (George McDuffee)
"F. George McDuffee" wrote:

The change in some people was amazing. Some were showing improvement before they left basic training. Others took longer. Some people don't know about it, but there were programs were small time criminals were sent into the military. If they behaved during their time in service, their criminal records were expunged. Like I said above, they were given jobs they could handle. They were generally worked hard, so they didn't feel like starting a fight or going out to steal something after they got off duty.
have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.

The change in some people was amazing. Some were showing improvement before they left basic training. Others took longer. Some people don't know about it, but there were programs were small time criminals were sent into the military. If they behaved during their time in service, their criminal records were expunged. Like I said above, they were given jobs they could handle. They were generally worked hard, so they didn't feel like starting a fight or going out to steal something after they got off duty.
have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.
Mike sez:
"Anyone wanting to run for any political office in the US should have to have a DD214, and a honorable discharge."
Mike, you're confusing the troops! Probably half of RCM (mostly the trolls) don't know what a DD214 is.
Bob Swinney
Robert Swinney wrote:

That's ok. They aren't smart enough to run for office, anyway. :)
have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.

Sad, isnt it?
Gunner
--

"First Law of Leftist Debate
Gunner Asch wrote:

But not surprising, is it? :(
have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.
On Sun, 23 May 2010 01:15:19 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"

I don't have one of those, but had to sign a PTOL-224.
That and help getting rid of mimosas that I can't recall since Sept. '80, sorry Ig., no offence. Guess switching planes and #'s didn't help.
As for the OP, I just found out that my old next door neighbor's house just appraised @ 1/10th of its highest value. I feel sorry for the kids now days.
Oh, I don't have enough booze, hookers, and cash to do the job, oops... I receive those with the job ! Naw, don't want it falling off.
SW
F. George McDuffee wrote:

True. I withdraw the cannon fodder statement. I do believe my two alternatives are a step in the right direction. If school in a bad environment is not a viable option, the military is a fresh start, in a fairly well controlled environment. Free training, and a chance to learn how to order and prioritize your life.
--
Steve Walker
snipped-for-privacy@verizonwallet.com (remove wallet to reply)

Free training, and a chance to learn how to order and prioritize their lives, are both provided by the penal system >without< teaching them how to destroy and kill efficiently.
Given their propensity for violence and disorder, the penal system is where they'll end up.