OT-Date line Las Vegas 2:07 AM

Interesting times we live in, while working out in the garage at about 12.30 AM i happen to hear some voices from infront of my house. Went to the front window and saw 4 teens dressed in all black. Seems kinda odd that its 90 degrees outside and they are wearing hooded sweat shirts. They were sitting on the curb, two infront of my house and two accross the street. Since we don't have any families with teens living on our block i knew they were up to no good. I armed my self and went back to the window for another look. Shure enough they were going door to door down the block trying to find an unlocked door. My brain is saying this is going to turn into a home invasion, someones gonna get thier door kicked in. Grabbed the phone and called 911 then went back to the window see whats happening. Black pickup truck pulls up and parks driver is met by all four as he gets out of his truck. Thinking he was part of the crew and things were going to happen fast i called 911 again and begin to prepair myself mentally in the event i should become thier target. Finally the police arive about 10 minutes after my first 911 call. Turns out the guy in the pickup truck was a pizza delivery man and the 4 punks had just robbed him at gun point. My next door neighbor video taped the entire incident and there is a good chance the culprits will get cought. So here i am just finished filling out the crime report trying to decompress. Its all over now just the ugly what if thoughts keep running thru my mind. All i can say is its a lot different to have real people in your sights while planning your shots than it is punching holes in a paper target. Fortunetally i didnt have to fire my weapon tonight and i hope i never half to.

Just had to vent a little.

Best Regards Tom.

Reply to
azotic

Know what you talking about. Those type of little punks use to walk by my house every night. They would walk on the sidewalk and one in the street and check every door handle as they walked up the street. Brazen also, the way they would let my truck handles snap back down.

What gets me, is that they think it's their neighborhood. The cops should at least take down all the tennis shoes off the utility lines.

I've heard the security bars are going back up on the houses in the area where I use to live.

Sure is nice not hearing sirens all the time now. I saw something interesting up here in the sticks. Was at a convenient store and heard my first siren and an ambulance stopped at a park across the highway next to a truck and they were just talking for a while then another car showed up fast and then all three jumped in the ambulance and sped off. Kinda like a car pooling site for emergencies.

Reply to
Sunworshipper

snip the incident

And tomorrow there'll be another pair over the wire . I live in a neighborhood that's in contest between three gangs , two black and one hispanic . Sure wasn't like this twenty years ago when we bought the house ... seems the Hispanics are the most intimidating and arrogant , they DO act like they own the neighborhood . Fortunately , they leave me alone . Something about my choice of motorcycle brands and the fact that I faced several of them down with a sawed-off pump 12 a few years ago ... might not hurt that I carry openly around the yard too . Oh , and my two "vicious" dogs seem to keep my house safe .

Reply to
Terry Coombs

Indeed! Still, it's prudent to regard the emergency number as long distance. Dial 1911....

Reply to
Don Foreman

At least you were READY to defend yourself if you had to. Good fo ryou. glad you didn't have to cap one of the little bastards, though you would have probably been doing the world a favor.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Chandler

Peace through superior firepower.

Works for me

Gunner

"Confiscating wealth from those who have earned it, inherited it, or got lucky is never going to help 'the poor.' Poverty isn't caused by some people having more money than others, just as obesity isn't caused by McDonald's serving super-sized orders of French fries Poverty, like obesity, is caused by the life choices that dictate results." - John Tucci,

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Trouble is revenge. Had azotic done most anything, he could count on further visits from the crew. I'm so glad I moved out of Vegas, and will celebrate profusely when my houses sell down there. It's turning into a hell hole by the day.

Southern Utah is much more peaceful. Farm mentality that lets people shoot most any creepy crawly night critter that comes on property.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

On Mon, 01 Sep 2008 11:32:38 -0700, with neither quill nor qualm, Gunner Asch quickly quoth:

And the little copper pills are much cheaper to prescribe and administer than prisons, where the little bastards learn even more vicious ways to screw innocent people.

-- The best and safest thing is to keep a balance in your life, acknowledge the great powers around us and in us. If you can do that, and live that way, you are really a wise man. -- Euripides

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Yep, the police response time was about 20 minutes.

Best Regards Tom.

Reply to
azotic

Wow. The little town (30,000) in Texas I moved from had about 1 min. response time the one time I called. Those guys didn't have much to do or far to go I guess. Some kids crashed after losing control while racing about 2:30 in the morning. They were lucky, just clobbered the suspension on a Z-car going across the curb sideways, travelled about

40 yds. and came to rest against a huge live oak. I figured they were probably mangled, but they hadn't really walloped the tree. Only a sprained ankle.

The one other time I called was because somebody was in my fenced back yard with a flashlight. I dialed with one hand while holding my Python in the other. Turns out one of the kids had left a gate open, and it was one of the same officers making sure everything was o.k. The person answering the 911 call said he asked if I'd meet him outside. He was a little nervous about poking around, as he had a right to be. I parked the revolver before I stepped outside. We talked, he showed me the gate, and I thanked him for his vigilance. I liked that town.

Pete Keillor

Reply to
Pete Keillor

I was thinking about shoots fired !!!!!!!

Best Regards Tom.

Reply to
azotic

One way to solve that problem, is if you have to kill a gang member..immediately rearm, go to gang headquarters and kill everyone inside.

"Confiscating wealth from those who have earned it, inherited it, or got lucky is never going to help 'the poor.' Poverty isn't caused by some people having more money than others, just as obesity isn't caused by McDonald's serving super-sized orders of French fries Poverty, like obesity, is caused by the life choices that dictate results." - John Tucci,

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Last week one of our legislators announced he would be sponsoring a bill to invoke the castle doctrine in nevada. This will include immunity for homeowners from criminals sueing thier victims should the criminal survive.

Best Regards Tom.

Reply to
azotic

Next time scream, "OMIGAWD, HE'S GOT A GUN" and drop the phone.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

Understood, last knight was a bussy night for metro. Guy sitting in his garage with the door open when someone walks in and shoots him dead. Temporary wall on the strip collapses on top of two turists.

Seen the nieghbors video. Appears like there were more than just 4 criminals at work. You can see one of them answering a cell phone 30 seconds before the police arrive. They had a lookout watching for cops a few blocks away, not the first time they did this sort of thing. They ran down the block and climed over the fire wall, i assume into a waiting car for a quick getaway. Hopefully they will get caught before they kill somebody. Metro will be by to pickup a copy of the video.

Best Regards Tom.

Reply to
azotic

No, no, no. Shots fired could be disproven by witnesses. Men with guns disappear all the time or stash the gun. No explaining except to say you saw one of them "pointing" a shiny object.

Old joke -

Some people breaking into a guy's shed. He calls police, and they say half an hour.

He calls back and says he has shot three of them, and thinks two are dead. They are there in a couple of minutes.

"Thought you said you shot three of them .............."

"Thought you said it would take half an hour to get here .........."

I have family in Metro. They answer quick to gun calls.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

You can see one of them answering a cell phone 30 seconds before

The authorites can check cell phone records and get a fix between time/location that a call was made esp. at that time of day..should be a slam dunk to get these guys.. if they truly want them. ED

Reply to
ED

"azotic" wrote

I have owned a police scanner for years now. My daughter and SIL gave me the 4 codes. It is amazing listening to the radio there. At any one time, there are all kinds of major crimes going on. It's really bad in several areas of town. It is fascinating and disheartening all at once.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

More power to him. I hope he's successful.

Pete Keillor

Reply to
Pete Keillor

I quit listening in on my scanner when the local forces went digital Gerry :-)} London, Canada

Reply to
Gerald Miller