OT: e-mail program advice

see:

If you want to run off a thumb or flash USB drive see

Unka' George [George McDuffee]

------------------------------ Watch out w'en you'er gittin all you want. Fattenin' hogs ain't in luck.

Joel Chandler Harris (1848-1908), U.S. journalist. Uncle Remus: His Songs and His Sayings, "Plantation Proverbs" (1880).

Reply to
F. George McDuffee

He can try Thunderbird. It works very well and is not a virus magnet.

Ignoramus1197

Reply to
RoyJ

Pegasus

Reply to
clutch

I started using PINE on a shell account around 10 years ago, and once I started running Linux, I had to have PINE on my machine too... and naturally it's on my Unix machine as well. Except for a brief foray into the e-mail of Netscape 3.0x, it's been all I've used in the last decade.

I see they also have it available for Windows now, so if your friend uses e-mail more for text than for pictures, it might suit him. If he's really more of a pointy-clicky kind of e-mail user, probably not.

Steve Ackman

Tom, Do you mean you have had babies in the past????? Interesting....... Respectfully, Ron Moore

Reply to
Ron Moore

My good friend that does the TiN coating wants to be able to easily handle e-mails and be able to save, categorize and access them. Any suggestions? He hated OE.

I was over at his place today, I wonder if I can still have babies...

Reply to
Tom Gardner

I AM working on the time machine, I should have it ready last week.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Damnit..ya beat me to it.

Looks like Pmail gets a 3 thumbs up.

Very powerful, pretty friendly, free and well supported.

Tom..download and install it..its free and check it out.

Good ..very good for this sort of thing.

Gunner

"Liberalism is a philosophy of consolation for Western civilization as it commits suicide"

- James Burnham

Reply to
Gunner

Reply to
Ron Thompson

With Eudora I set up mailboxes for each "regular" person or client. Mail is diverted to each mailbox as it arrives by setting up filters. Randy

Reply to
Randy Replogle

On Thu, 5 Apr 2007 21:13:20 -0700, with neither quill nor qualm, "Tom Gardner" quickly quoth:

I've used Forte's Agent for news forever now, and it's had email built in for a long time, though I don't use it for that. Give 'er a try. I'm surprisingly happy with OE. It's the best ever product out of M$.

If he TiN coats something for you, you'll have his baby? Have you thought that through? You have only two orifices and he's a guy.

-- The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease. --Voltaire (1694-1778)

--

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Firefox