OT - eBay gotcha

I recently listed an item on eBay & was pleasantly surprised that there was no listing fee (up to a limit of 5 a month, or somesuch). I didn't see the fine print, though (if there was any).

I found that when the item sold & I was charged an 8.75% Final Value Fee ($7.53 on an $86 item), where I was expecting a sliding-value fee of $4.33. OK, so it's only $3.20, but I felt screwed.

The good news is that when I wrote them about it, they credited me the difference.

I'll bet that a lot of sellers don't even notice the higher fee.

You gotta watch those bastards, Bob

Reply to
Bob Engelhardt