OT - Good News From Iraq

In case someone hasn't yet "Heard The Word", the Iraqis hung Saddam Hussein today!

Good Riddance To Bad Rubbish!!!

Reply to
Eregon

so, it's OK that we invade a country to engage in pre-emptive war, destroy the infrastructure, eliminate the governement, fail to provide an effective police force so there are massive civillian casualties, squander our tax dollars on dubious projects with faulty accounting and hold a show trial with a pre-ordained outcome, and then carry out a rushed execution in possible contravention of Iraqi law? And that makes us supeior how? What ever happened to the notion of morality?

Reply to
William Noble

(TOP POSTING INGNORED...)

It was absolutely essential to get rid of Saddam. Otherwise his trial for gassing the Kurds would have proceeded. And too many powerful people simply COULD NOT afford to allow the world to know just where he got his chemical weapons/technology...

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Foster

Not only that but did you notice that Saddam was kept in US custody the whole time, until he was convicted & condemned to hang & scheduled to hand immediately. What further demonstration is needed that the court and Iraq govt was a puppet? If Iraq had a real govt the US should have handed Saddam over immediately and let them decide his fate. Instead Bush kept custody until the court came out with the decision Bush wanted.

Reply to
Nick Hull

Physical custody, yes. Legal custody, he was held by Iraqis. But the US had the keys to the cage. Says nothing about puppet this or that, and everything about avoiding a "woopsie, we lost him, sorry about that" situation.

Reply to
Dave Hinz

Jerry Foster wrote in article ...

With all his outbursts in his trial, Hussein proved himself to be noble, unselfish, and loyal by taking those "secrets" to the grave.

Yeah, sure!

Wanna' buy a bridge in a New York burrough?

Reply to
*

Rumsfeld&bush should hang as well- not for the going into iraq, but for preventing the pros who knew what they were doing from applying the necessary resources. Lotta dead on both sides whose death is directly on their hands.

Dave

Reply to
spamTHISbrp

Current Iraqi law (maybe based on earlier law) says that Saddam hangs within 30 days of his last appeal. I tend to be with those that think that Saddam was prosecuted and convicted of a crime that was unrelated to the use of chemical weapons, which would have given his lawyers an excuse to subpoena Americans like Rumsfled to show something or other.

Reply to
Al Dykes

"William Noble" wrote in news:4595f336$0$18620$ snipped-for-privacy@free.teranews.com:

Ask the Democrats: they set the precedent with the Nuremburg Trials.

Reply to
Eregon

I get that information from my daily paper and an endless barrage of TV news. I come here for news about metalworking.

Buy a vowel. Get a clue.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

If only there was some way to distinguish OT posts without going into them.

I'll buy an "OT" for you.

Indeed. People going into threads clearly marked OT, to bitch about them being off-topic, are an a par with someone going into a cigar shop and complaining that people are smoking in there.

Reply to
Dave Hinz

Reply to
JR North

Very well said Mr Noble.

Reply to
daniel peterman

snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (daniel peterman) wrote in news:21061-4596D52C-496 @storefull-3238.bay.webtv.net:

He'd support anyone/anything that attacked the U.S. of A. and, by agreeing with him, you have made clear that you would too!

OTOH, history has shown that there's only 1 effective way to deal decisively with an attacker.

Reply to
Eregon

Interesting spin, William.

Sounds like the party line in the Peoples Republik of Santa Monica

Gunner, who hopes they bury the bastard in a 55gallon drum of hog fat.

Political Correctness

Gunner

Indeed. The French and Germans and Russians would be embarrassed. Humm..those are the same folks who were against deposing him..werent they?

Gunner

Political Correctness

Gunner

Hummm or..maybe..would it have been because of a fear that his supporters inside the new government could have broken him out..or that his enemies inside the new government would have cut off his head and drug him around Bagdad naked behing an ox cart?

I suppose thats why the Nazi war criminals were tried in Nurmburg? Because the Germans were puppets of..hum..the Brits..er..the Yanks...er..the Poles...er..the Russians....er....

Nick...your turning into one of the black helicopter crowd. Ease up before you sting yourself to death like a sun maddened scorpion

Gunner

Political Correctness

Gunner

They should have lifted him by the neck with that noose..then slowly lowered him feet first into a wood chipper, like he had done so so many of his other victims.

Gunner

Political Correctness

Gunner

I'm just suspicious of any 'news' on the boob tube. My father always said "believe nothing of what you hear and half of what you read" ;)

Reply to
Nick Hull

Years ago, a very liberal, excaped from German as a boy, Jewish professor pointed out that it is just as important to pay attention to what you don't hear and read. Pay attention to what is getting left out of the story.

That is one piece of advice from Henry Morganstien that I have taken to heart.

Wes S

Reply to
clutch