OT: Google

Someone sent me this this morning. Check it out. :-)

Al

=====================

Try this soon, before Google fixes its site:

1) Go to
2) Type in (but don't hit enter): "weapons of mass destruction". 3) Hit the "I'm feeling lucky" button, instead of

the normal "Google search" button.

4) READ CAREFULLY what appears to be a normal ERROR message.

Make sure you read the whole error message.

Someone at Google apparently has a sense of humor

Reply to
Al Patrick

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Wisnia

Excellent!

Thanks for making my morning,

David Glos

Reply to
DLGlos

Funny!

However, it's nothing that Google did, it's not an error message, and it's nothing that Google should "fix." It is an ordinary web page that Google ranks highly. This is unsurprising since Google heavily weights the number of links to a page. Google currently shows 647 "backward links" from this page; that is, there are (so far) 647 other pages in Google's cache that contain a link to the page.

The page is at:

Yahoo also ranks this same page #1 on a search for the same keywords.

Cheers!

Jim

Reply to
Jim Wilson

In case anyone hasn't already seen it, type in "miserable failure" and select I'm Feeling Lucky.

Reply to
Wild Bill

Actually, *don't* select "I'm feeling lucky". All that does is give you the top listed entry directly, instead of showing you the list, and if you look at the list you get for "miserable failure", you'll learn how the trick was done, and how to do it yourself, if you want to, and can get a sufficient number of people to cooperate... :-)

-tih

Reply to
Tom Ivar Helbekkmo