OT Great service from GreatLITE

I recently purchased a small LED flashlight, marketed under the name GreatLITE, by Great Neck Tools. It failed almost instantly, but the warranty said to return it for either a repair, or replacement, which is what I did. Yesterday UPS delivered a new one that works as it should. I figure anyone interested in their products might enjoy knowing they are quick to make adjustments when something goes wrong. I recommend them highly.

Usual disclaimers. Just a satisfied customer.

Harold

Reply to
Harold and Susan Vordos

Good that they replaced it. Great Neck tools is a local company that imports low quality tools. In general, my experience with their products has not been good.

Reply to
ATP*

Sort of verifies what I saw when I looked at the flashlights, too. They were on sale, which is what attracted me to them, but many of them had been poorly assembled, with cracked reflectors and LED's that were not focused properly. It's as if the entire batch was defective, or nearly so. I had managed to find one that wasn't bad, but the board apparently failed as soon as I put it to work. The replacement doesn't show any signs of the problems. They may be marketing low quality stuff, but they sure are good about making the customer happy.

Harold

Reply to
Harold and Susan Vordos