OT - guns at church - "open-carry service"

is an article about "show of support for the Second Amendment and First Amendment" via an "open-carry service".

"New Bethel [...] church in Louisville, Kentucky [...] invited people to bring their unloaded guns to this first-ever event" yesterday.

Reply to
James Waldby

Why unloaded? Doesn't that defeat the whole idea? Or are they worried about the stained glass windows? d8-)

-- Ed Huntress

Reply to
Ed Huntress

On Sun, 28 Jun 2009 13:28:30 -0400, the infamous "Ed Huntress" scrawled the following:

They probably want the guns to be handed around, so the ladies (and uninitiated gents) can see what they're all about. Unloaded = more safe for Show 'n Tell.

I'm hoping the fully loaded mags and revolver speedloaders are in the gents' pockets, in case someone with a loaded weapon shows up to take all the unloaded pieces.

-- Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass; it's about learning how to dance in the rain. --Anon

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Ha! Wouldn't that be a paradox?

"Praise the Lord, we killed him. Now let us bask in Jesus's love for all mankind..."

-- Ed Huntress

Reply to
Ed Huntress

No, it wouldn't. After some of the recent incidents where some loser shoots up a church service, it would just be good preparation.

Have you never heard of a 'reprobate spirit'? Nowhere in the bible does it say to not defend yourself, within reason.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Yes, it would. Unless you're a member of the First Church of the Holy Nutjobs and Discount House of Worship.

-- Ed Huntress

Reply to
Ed Huntress

Whatever church you want to belong to is fine with me.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Not that one, immatellau.

-- Ed Huntress

Reply to
Ed Huntress

Pentacostal chuch AND guns !!! Isnt that just a double dumb f*ck.

Reply to
Dave

That kinda reminds me of snake handling, though.

David

Reply to
David R.Birch

On Sun, 28 Jun 2009 14:21:44 -0400, the infamous "Ed Huntress" scrawled the following:

Maybe they'll make it a tradition, too. The flesh of Christ, the blood of Christ, and the blood of the Perp.

Kinda like war paint, wot?

-- Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass; it's about learning how to dance in the rain. --Anon

Reply to
Larry Jaques

You haven't noticed the several recent incidents of nut jobs showing up shooting at churches? We had one here in the Milwaukee area a coupla years ago.

OTOH, I've never seen the difference between the First Church of the Holy Nutjobs and Discount House of Worship and the other faiths, other than longevity.

If we wait long enough, Scientology could become respectable, it happened to LDS.

David

Reply to
David R.Birch

"Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition" is the way I heard it.

Wes

Reply to
Wes

I happen to be an ordained minister of the Universal Life Church (seriously). We're pacifists, and we use pepper spray -- sometimes, on each other. It's a rowdy bunch.

-- Ed Huntress

Reply to
Ed Huntress

They were shooting Shinto heathen. That's like Muslims shooting Christians. It's theologically OK.

-- Ed Huntress

Reply to
Ed Huntress

The Church of Saint John Moses Browning of the Holy 1911 is always looking for members.

Services Sundays and Wednesday nights at Jesus, Maria & Jose's Discount Worship Center, Reloading Supply Shop and Shooting Range.

Shooter's Bible Study every Tuesday evening with Col. Cooper.

Note: The Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch is not one of our holy relics.

Reply to
John Husvar

No repeat offenders, though.

Reply to