OT - guns at church - "open-carry service"

More to the point, if the snake is venomous, how do you unload it?

David

Reply to
David R.Birch

So am I, we believe in what is right! After my ordination by Kirby Hensley in 1969, I started the First Aquafraternal Church of Universal Life.

Share water! May you never thirst!

David

Reply to
David R.Birch

Amen, brother. I was ordained the same year, by a guy who eventually became an AP reporter.

I performed one wedding ceremony. How about you?

-- Ed Huntress

Reply to
Ed Huntress

Put it up on Ebay.

Reply to
John Husvar

On Mon, 29 Jun 2009 07:39:29 -0500, the infamous "David R.Birch" scrawled the following:

Point the sharp end at a non-friend.

-- Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass; it's about learning how to dance in the rain. --Anon

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Me? Its YOUR snake, so you milk it.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

On Mon, 29 Jun 2009 09:42:48 -0400, the infamous "Ed Huntress" scrawled the following:

I don't recall what year my sister was ordained in the ULC, but she continues to do weddings. She went on to become a doctor of Naturopathy.

The year I was a minister in the Church of Divine Man, I had some cards made up which stated that I did marrials and burials. Ain't life fun? (I did neither that year.)

-- Sex is Evil, Evil is Sin, Sin is Forgiven. Gee, ain't religion GREAT?

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Yeah, that was particularly fun. My vestment for the wedding was a sports jacket my roommate had bought at a second-hand store in the East Village. Looking at it from the front, the left side was a blown-up page from the New York Times, and the right side was just solid yellow.

It looked good after a few hits of the herbal sacrament.

-- Ed Huntress

Reply to
Ed Huntress

I'm an ordained reverend in the Church of John Moses Browning, we also are pacifists, but we haven't mastered turning the other cheek yet. ;)

Wes

Reply to
Wes

pacifists, but

Even so, you only have four...

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

What would Jesus say?

-- Ed Huntress

Reply to
Ed Huntress

Why don't you ask Jesus that, instead of Wes?

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Alas, I have yet to officiate at any ceremonies, I suspect it may have something to do with my belonging to the Potato Totem.

Although I'm not supposed to eat them, I'm not required to defend them against those who do.

David

Reply to
David R.Birch

More to the point, what would Jesus carry? A gladius? Something more current, like a Glock 26?

"Then Jesus asked [his disciples], ?When I sent you without purse, bag or sandals, did you lack anything?? ?Nothing,? they answered. He said to them, ?But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don?t have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one. It is written: ?And he was numbered with the transgressors?; and I tell you that this must be fulfilled in me. Yes, what is written about me is reaching its fulfillment.? The disciples said, ?See, Lord, here are two swords.? ?That is enough,? he replied." (Luke 22:35-38)

David

Reply to
David R.Birch

DINGDINGDING!!!

We have a winner! :^)

David

Reply to
David R.Birch

On Mon, 29 Jun 2009 20:00:49 -0400, the infamous "Ed Huntress" scrawled the following:

"Which set of cheeks?" ?

-- Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass; it's about learning how to dance in the rain. --Anon

Reply to
Larry Jaques

On Mon, 29 Jun 2009 19:59:39 -0500, the infamous "David R.Birch" scrawled the following:

Amazing! I didn't think the Skywalker line went back that far.

-- Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass; it's about learning how to dance in the rain. --Anon

Reply to
Larry Jaques

I thought Wes would probably know. Roger would know, but it would be lengthy, and full of contradictions. d8-)

-- Ed Huntress

Reply to
Ed Huntress

That's a heavy moral burden to bear. 'Hope you're not Irish.

-- Ed Huntress

Reply to
Ed Huntress

I'm thinking a Buntline Special in a shoulder holster. It has a real air of seriousness about it.

Maybe two Buntlines, then, with cross-draw holsters.

-- Ed Huntress

Reply to
Ed Huntress