OT Gunsmoke for charity

The CEO of a research lab here in town gets involved in charitable fundraising in her very-upscale community each year. Her contribution is to auction a visit to an indoor range with two "gunslingers", experienced shooters who work there. The winners of these auctions for charity pay hundreds of bux for the experience. Bonnie covers ammo,range fees and lunch, "gunslingers" provide guns, safety instruction and close supervision, and such coaching as is welcomed. The two "gunslingers" are my former colleagues with whom we have our periodic gunsmoke luncheon socials. This year they have three novices for the shoot: a couple who won the auction and the CEO who also likes to attend and shoot. She's shot before but she's still a newby. So I'm invited to join them tomorrow. That'll work out nicely, three experienced shooters and three novices, one on one on each of three lanes. I also contribute to the diversity of handguns available to try, of course.

I'm looking forward to it. I was feelin' a hankering for gunsmoke before the email arrived this afternoon. I do like to shoot, also like to instruct and I purely love seeing the thrill and joy when a new shooter hits the bullseye.

Reply to
Don Foreman

You have fun, Don! Wish I could join ya...

Reply to
cavelamb

You would certainly be welcome any time.

Reply to
Don Foreman