OT - Have all the "Conservatives" left?

Subject: Re: OT - CIA Director Tenet Resigns

>From: Guido >Date: Mon, 07 Jun 2004 20:11:40 +0100 > >Gunner wrote: >> >> >> Nope..hence my comment on a hash of what its, suppositions and

likely

> or probably fabrications. It doesnt use particularly sound

reasoning.

> Seems like the data points were interpreted to fit the authors

agenda,

> rather then having a dispasionate view of them, then making up ones >> mind. >> > >You might be correct here. > >
> President George W. Bush’s increasingly erratic behavior > and wide mood swings has the halls of the West Wing > buzzing lately as aides privately express growing concern > over their leader’s state of mind. > > In meetings with top aides and administration officials, > the President goes from quoting the Bible in one breath > to obscene tantrums against the media, Democrats and > others that he classifies as “enemies of the state.” > > Worried White House aides paint a portrait of a man on > the edge, increasingly wary of those who disagree with > him and paranoid of a public that no longer trusts his > policies in Iraq or at home. > > “It reminds me of the Nixon days,” says a longtime GOP > political consultant with contacts in the White House. > “Everybody is an enemy; everybody is out to get him. > That’s the mood over there.” > > ... > > The President's abrupt dismissal of CIA Directory George > Tenet Wednesday night is, aides say, an example of how he > works. > > "Tenet wanted to quit last year but the President got his > back up and wouldn't hear of it," says an aide. "That > would have been the opportune time to make a change, not > in the middle of an election campaign but when the > director challenged the President during the meeting > Wednesday, the President cut him off by saying 'that's it > George. I cannot abide disloyalty. I want your > resignation and I want it now." > > Tenet was allowed to resign "voluntarily" and Bush > informed his shocked staff of the decision Thursday > morning. One aide says the President actually described > the decision as "God's will."

is rather interesting ..... Get all the gory details. Hang your heads in shame..

Reply to
Cliff Huprich

Boring! We have newspapers for this stuff, and thousands of other places to read millions of words about the inevitable US elections. Can't we just talk about machines, metal butchering, tools, sex and other great things and let the election take its course?

Vaughn

Reply to
Vaughn