OT - Hydraulic Cylinder sources

Anyone know of a good source for two way hydraulic cylinders.

I'm looking for smaller bore cylinders, and can't seem to find anything smaller than 2 inch bore.

I need a 24 inch stroke, and as small a bore as possible. Not much force required and I don't have much clearance length wise.

I'm looking for a company that has a well organized web site that actually has their inventory and makes it possible to find it.

Thanks.

Reply to
stone

RoyJ

You say not much force is required. How much pressure will you run? If it's under 200psi, many pneumatic cylinders may serve. They're not designed for hydraulic use, but if you get a cylinder with a proper seal at the rod, rather than a simple bushing, it'll work.

However, hydraulic cylinders are available in sizes down to 1/2". I don't have the catalogs, because I do almost exclusively pneumatics here.

LLoyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

Under 500 psi and inexpensive. Look for the 500 series in the Original Line catalog:

More options, higher pressures, and more money:
I'll leave it to you to rate the organization of the web sites. This sort of cylinder is not inventoried, except in very common configurations, and a small bore 24" stroke isn't common. Build to order by Bimba usually takes just a few days, a bit longer for PHD last time I dealt with them.

Ned Simmons

Reply to
Ned Simmons