OT knife amnesty in the UK pictures from the BBC of turned in knives

news.bbc.co.uk/2/low/in_pictures/5087802.stm

I think this is ridiculous.

Clark

Reply to
Clark Magnuson

Looking at the photo of the large pile of "turned in" knives I have to wonder: How are these people cutting their meat & vegetables? They seemed, mostly, to have turned in their paring knives and steak knives.

dennis in nca

Reply to
rigger

Makes the claims of the NRA a little more believable. This is the future the left wants for the USA.

Wes S

Reply to
clutch

More pathetic than ridiculous, I'm thinking. Brits have now demonstrated themselves to be worse than sheep.

"Big brother says it's for our own good! Must comply!!!"

What's next? A ban on forks and toothpicks 'cause they have points on them???

Un-f****ng-believable.

Reply to
Don Bruder

Brits are masters in sarcasm! QED

Nick

Reply to
Nick Mueller

They don't need steak knives because with the mad cow scare they can't afford meat or are afraid to eat it. If they overcook their veges they can suck them thru a straw.

Reply to
Nick Hull

Well, we here in the Colonies can rest a little easier knowing the redcoats won't have the hardware to renew the hostilities of a while back ;)

Reply to
Rex B

If you trust someone with a gun, you can't trust them with a knife. If you can't trust someone with a knife, you can't trust them with a stick. If you can't trust them with a stick, you can't trust them with a rock. If you can't trust them with a rock, you can't trust them with a rope. If you can't trust them with a rope, you can't trust them with their under shirt in their hands. If you can't trust them with their undershirt, you can't trust them behind you. If you can't trust them behind you, you can't trust them in front of you if they are too close. If you can't trust them in front of you, you must lock them up.

What's next? If we can't be trusted with guns, we must, in the end, all be locked up.

Reply to
Clark Magnuson

Next Month - False teeth! - Those things can chop you!

Sick people running a country. And when there is an internal rise up by aliens - and the 12 police with bully clubs show up and get shot to death - are the people in line to just stand there with broomsticks or are they expendable.

Looks like, to me, the country is being sold out. Lock stock and barrel.

What are cleavers - valid kitchen tool used on Chicken, ....... Carving knifes and the like doing there ? ...

This is a sick world - people who try to mother everyone into a perfect world.

Martin

Martin H. Eastburn @ home at Lions' Lair with our computer lionslair at consolidated dot net NRA LOH & Endowment Member NRA Second Amendment Task Force Charter Founder IHMSA and NRA Metallic Silhouette maker & member

Clark Magnus> news.bbc.co.uk/2/low/in_pictures/5087802.stm

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn

That's about an accurate summary.

I'll hold onto my guns. And my knoves, thanks. At least when they come to lock me up, I'll have the ability to say "no" in language that they won't be able to ignore. Unlike the british sheep.

Reply to
Don Bruder

On Fri, 03 Nov 2006 20:14:55 -0800, with neither quill nor qualm, Don Bruder quickly quoth:

"Today's amnesty involves all legal knives - such a kitchen knives - and offensive weapons, such as flick knives, butterfly knives and swords." says the UK Independent. Kitchen knives are being turned in?!? Sheeple!

Some aren't so easily fooled. Also from the Independent: "Families of victims killed in knife attacks questioned the effectiveness of the amnesty and called instead for tougher sentencing." But I'll bet the prisons in the UK are just as cushy as ours are here. Some people commit crimes to get the free room and board, especially during the winter months, because life in prison is easier than living on the street. (I'd love to see cites for percentages there but haven't found any online yet. Anyone?)

A disarmed public is a sheepish public.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

I don't trust politicians ;)

Reply to
Nick Hull

That's a perfectly rational survival instinct.

Reply to
Don Bruder

Nick..you know better than to post off topic. Read the Charter!

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner

Knives have metal content. At least most knives.

Wes S

Reply to
clutch

From what I've read in the press, Great Britain is the most surveiled country there is amongst the western democracies.

I find it very sad since my ancestors hail from England.

Wes S

Reply to
clutch

Politicians don't trust you so the feeling is mutual.

Wes S

Reply to
clutch

On Sat, 04 Nov 2006 17:09:37 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm, Gunner quickly quoth:

ROTFLMAO! BTW, since plonking him, I see none of his hundreds of off-topic monthly whines.

Reverse psychology being what it is, I find that I post more OT posts now than I did before his whining started. (C'est la vie, Nick?)

-- "Not always right, but never uncertain." --Heinlein -=-=-

Wondrous Website Design

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Non, c'est la folie de toi.

Nick

Reply to
Nick Mueller

I don't think there are any meat-eaters left in the UK. They've become a nation of quiche-eaters.

Steve

Reply to
Steve Mulhollan