OT: Lawyer for guy dragged from plane gets millions of dollars in free advertising

Right now, the lawyer for the guy dragged off the United flight is having a "news conference" which all of the major cable news channels are covering. He's standing in front of a backdrop that prominently displays his company's logo (and name).
The lawyer says they haven't filed a suit yet because they're waiting to see who comes forward with what new complaints and/or evidence.
I have an upcoming court case against a client. Can I get the same coverage for my lawyer to reach out to other potential plaintiffs and witnesses? Where do I sign up for that?
Shame on the "news" media for allowing this. Look for the price of your airline tickets to rise dramatically.
On Thu, 13 Apr 2017 08:49:32 -0700 (PDT), rangerssuck

I usually... usually fly American Airlines. <shrug>

The problem is that the "doctor" signed the invoice saying he had read the fine print, which says the airline has the right to bump them if they need to. All airlines, not just UAL.
I'm hoping that the lawsuit against UAL won't hold, and that the feds file charges against the idiot passenger. THAT isn't a trend we want happening here in the increasingly Liberal States of America.
--
Newman's First Law:
It is useless to put on your brakes when you're upside down.
On Thursday, April 13, 2017 at 2:50:33 PM UTC-4, Larry Jaques wrote:

And what would they charge him with? Resisting a broken nose, or refusal to knock out his own teeth?

You live in a delusional dimension, Larry.
--
Ed Huntress

On Thu, 13 Apr 2017 11:50:48 -0700, Larry Jaques

Very well said Larry! As this groups leading conservative I am fully committed to every contract I sign. Especially the ones I signed before receiving healthcare. I will absolutely fulfill my end, with some... some luck, any year now. But don't rush me please, the first payment has only been delayed about 37 years so far. <shrug>
And just so all you lefties out there know, there's a short documentary that covers the issue of contracts nicely. You can watch it here.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZ23kosLFec

Against. Since you are trying to screw over one of your clients, your position is analogous to that of United. Feel free to be ripped to shreds on social media. Did you bully them? Did you beat them up?

Why do you try to demean him by putting doctor in quotes? He IS a doctor. With patients he is obliged to treat. Patients who have an appointment/reservation. If he doesn't, HE is subject to the charge of bad practice and can be sued.
He paid for his seat, he was seated, verifying the transaction. United had plenty of other options to move or substitute thier crew - which they didn't take. They "had" to be there the next day or there would be operational problems. The doctor "had" to be there the next day or his patients would have untreated medical problems and he would be liable for suit.
Are you saying United making a few bucks beats out patients getting critical health care?
How much would it now be worth to United if this never happened? They should have kept on increasing the offer. Someone would have volunteered to give up their seat well short of the $14 billion their stock dropped and untold loss of reputation with the flying public.

Where do they get that "right"? They have business licenses that are generally considered "privileges" in the legal world. To get that "privilege" a company must satisfy the principles held by the population (where all rights lie) and the government (which represents the population).
United should have all licenses and permits revoked until they decide to align their policies with basic concepts of decency and fair play.

Jawohl mein Herr. If the state begins supporting companies against individual customers, it's call Fascism.
Pull_United's snipped-for-privacy@once.org wrote:

Apparently it is WAY more complicated than that! The crew that needed to be transported worked for Republic airlines. Due to mergers and such, United ended up with a union agreement to transport Republic crews on business- class seats whenever needed. United was FORBIDDEN by the contract to use any other form of transportation, such as air charter. At least, this is how it was explained on PPrune (professional Pilots rumor network) a fount of all sorts of insider info on aviation.
Jon
On Friday, April 14, 2017 at 11:49:26 AM UTC-4, Jon Elson wrote:

The solution was simple: offer more money. I held out for $1,200 and a hotel room (and a crummy dinner voucher) a couple of years ago, Chicago to Newark. Nobody would budge for $400 or $800.
--
Ed Huntress

Newsgroups: rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.survival Subject: Re: OT: Lawyer for guy dragged from plane gets millions of dollars in free advertising Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2017 12:41:42 -0700 Organization: A noiseless patient Spider Lines: 36
Mime-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Injection-Info: mx02.eternal-september.org; posting-host="651ada5fed256a9bd9c04b7fd49e4e56"; logging-data="19558"; mail-complaints-to=" snipped-for-privacy@eternal-september.org"; posting-account="U2FsdGVkX187o+tJjTs/9J0RTmtW8OkAVAEIjQ9lo6g=" X-Newsreader: Forte Agent 6.00/32.1186 Cancel-Lock: sha1:4D3DUFCs9eyUmgD5ajfTDDFfIIgXref: news.eternal-september.org rec.crafts.metalworking:494703 alt.survival:246053

Here is a surprise.
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-ual-crew-idUSKBN17H00M?il=0 United changes crew booking policy after passenger dragged off plane
<https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/dr-gridlock/wp/2017/04/17/united-booted-a-couple-traveling-to-their-wedding-just-days-after-public-relations-fiasco/ United booted a couple traveling to their wedding, just days after public relations fiasco      Still recovering from what was likely an avoidable public relations debacle, United Airlines is again making headlines after two passengers - a couple traveling to their own wedding - said they were kicked off their flight.
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/22/business/american-airlines-video-stroller.html American Airlines suspended a flight attendant after an altercation on Friday in which the attendant took a stroller from a woman traveling with two young children and then argued with other passengers. The episode was captured, in part, on video. The encounter, at San Francisco International Airport, occurred while the woman was boarding a Texas-bound flight. The attendant, whose name was not released by the airline, grabbed the stroller from the woman, who was carrying 15-month-old twins, a passenger who was nearby said.
A video that circulated on social media showed the attendant nearly coming to blows with another passenger who threatened him after the
appear to reflect patience or empathy, two values necessary for
after airport police officers were filmed violently dragging passenger off a United Airlines flight in Chicago, the episode on the American flight comes at a fraught time for the airline industry, which has had to cope with a series of events that have ruffled public opinion after being recorded on video and circulated.
sharply with the response by United, which was initially appearing to
and concussion and had two of his teeth knocked out in the episode.
The once-friendly skies just keep getting nastier.
A Manhattan socialite whose pals include first daughter Tiffany Trump is suing United Airlines saying she was traveling to London last year when she was yanked out of business class by an attendant, cursed at and ultimately forced into a middle seat in the back of the plane.
Karen Shiboleth, the Instagram-loving daughter of wealthy New York lawyers, was headed to the UK from Newark Liberty International
at Kings College on Sept. 10, 2016.
used American Express points plus $500 in fees to upgrade to an economy plus seat. Finally, when she was at the airport, she upgraded again, forking over an additional $1,150 for business class seat 1B.
The 24-year-old, whose mother was general counsel to Revlon, says she paid the extra money to be near the front of the plane because she was
Shiboleth, who has over 15,000 Instagram followers, regularly jets out of town to ritzy locals like Aspen, Co. and Miami Beach, FL. Her
plane, the Manhattan civil suit says.
vacate her seat in United BusinessFirst and move to the back of the
Shiboleth says Daly initially refused to identify herself, covering up her name tag when the passenger tried to look. She was shocked by
the business class cabin, the suit says.
When Shiboleth protested and showed her ticket for the first-row seat,
court papers.
The flight attendants later apologized for the incident, but Shiboleth was only offered a $750 voucher. She had paid over $3,000 for the business class seat, the suit says.
with a great travel experience. We are aware of the filing and reviewing it, but due to pending litigation we are unable to comment
The airline has been struggling to recover from a public relations disaster after a video surfaced of a passenger being bloodied and dragged out of his seat on a flight from Chicago on April 9.
http://nypost.com/2017/04/24/united-ripped-me-out-of-my-seat-and-threw-me-in-the-back-of-the-plane/

United caves. Done. The high price of being cheap came home to bite United in the ass. A $1,000,000,000 bite. Chomp, chomp!
United Airlines pledged Thursday to reduce overbooking and pay travelers who volunteer to take a later flight up to $10,000 in response to an incident earlier this month in which a passenger was dragged off a flight.
"Two weeks ago, we failed to meet that standard and we profoundly
things right and ensure nothing like this ever happens again," Oscar Munoz, United's CEO, said in a statement. The 10 policy changes follow weeks of global backlash against the airline after video surfaced of a 69-year-old passenger being forcibly removed from his seat on what was thought to be an overbooked flight.
In the aftermath, Munoz pledged United would no longer use law enforcement to remove passengers who are "booked, paid, seated." In addition to increasing passenger compensation to those voluntarily opting to skip their flight (up from the original $1,000), the airline also pledged to limit its use of law enforcement "to safety and security issues only," create an automated system to solicit volunteers to change their travel plans before their flight, and to reduce the amount of overbooking overall.
Though the airline said its policy changes, many of which have already gone into effect, mark a "turning point," much of the backlash against it has already been felt. Shares in the airline's parent company, United Continental Holdings (UAL) Inc, dropped by nearly 4 percent in the immediate aftermath of the scandal, wiping nearly $1 billion of its value. And though no one at the airline was fired over the incident, Munoz was taken out of consideration to become the UAL chairman next year as previously planned.
https://www.theatlantic.com/news/archive/2017/04/united-passengers/524547/

Hahahaha! What money? You don't do any more flying than you do motorcycle riding.
--
This Saint Bernard has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus
software.

If she goes anywhere it will be on account of her bennie checks. And that is the closest anyone in your household will ever get to having a regular income.

No. And you're a moron to brag about flying in the same place you admit refusing to pay taxes.
--
This gallon of paint has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus
software.

"Southwest gets my money"?\
You got money? What's your next trick? Paying your taxes?
Or have you taken to flying back and forth to L.A. for your dumpster diving expeditions?

Whoever's cheapest, usually Southwest. I flew to Alaska on one of those bloody loud MD80 machines Alaska Airlines once had, which gave me a headache. I used to fly to the Bay Area on 737s all the time, and they're nice planes. The MD80 was despicable plane which had lousy pressure control [3lb(?) pops at intervals vs nice smooth pressure] and was at least 6db louder than any other plane I've flown. Never again!
--
I started out with nothing and
I still have most of it left!
On Thursday, April 13, 2017 at 11:49:34 AM UTC-4, rangerssuck wrote:

Probably not, if your suit is about what he did or didn't pay you. Get him to knock two of your teeth out, to give you a concussion, and to break your nose, and you'll probably do better. d8-)

If it bleeds, it leads. And he bled.
--
Ed Huntress

On Thursday, April 13, 2017 at 8:49:34 AM UTC-7, rangerssuck wrote:

Er... the price of airline tickets has to rise if kidnapping a paying passenger out of his seat on account of 'we wanted to' is disallowed?