You want censorship? in the land of the free!

On 5/14/04 10:57 AM, in article

> snipped-for-privacy@mb-m06.aol.com, "Ccutler0" > wrote: > > > Moderator, please get this crap off of this newsgroup. It has nothing to do > > with model railroading. > > Sadly, there is no moderator. > -- > Brian Ehni >

I thought he came from the land of the free, not the land of the censors. America is going downhill in more than one direction.

Reply to
<Will

This is a MODEL RAILROAD GROUP. There are plenty of places to discuss other subjects. This newsgroup is becoming the same as any of the other flamed groups. Full of hot air and kiddy pronouncements.

Jim Stewart

Reply to
Jim Stewart

You know, Jim you sound just like one guy at our club. he is 81, we were talking at the club the other night at he only wanted to talk about the model RR. His comment was, "what do I care about what is happening 1/2 a world away, I won't be here to share the benefits or the fallout. Let's get back to how we are going to fix this layout."

I for one care, there is more to life than model RR.

- Will N Scale - Credit Valley Railway

<Will

THEN SUBSCRIBE TO NEWSGROUPS WHERE THOSE MESSAGES ARE APPROPRIATE!

That's all Paul, Greg, and I (and I'm sure there are others) are saying.

Reply to
Brian Paul Ehni

All too true. However, this is not a model railroad club. This is usenet that is broken down into categories so that people can communicate with each other on the topics that they wish according to each group's charter and FAQ. If you want to talk politics, go to the political talk groups. If you want to talk about cameras, go to the photography groups, if you want to talk about paintball games, go to the paintball groups, etc. It's called being "on topic".

Paul A. Cutler III

************** Weather Or No Go New Haven **************
Reply to
Pac Man

"Pac Man"

What's weather got to do with the New Haven?

Just thought I'd ask. ;-)

-- Cheers Roger T.

Home of the Great Eastern Railway

Roger T.

"Pac Man" wrote

Of all you dunces posting complaints about off-topic threads, not one of you has had the courtesy or foresight to mark your subject line. "off-topic" or "OT".

Reply to
Curious

It's "curious" you couldn't figure that out from the subject anyway.

Point taken, though, although you need to address the issue with the ORIGINAL poster.

Reply to
Brian Paul Ehni

One of the more cogent replies, IMO. ...Bill

Reply to
Corelane

Now, this is on topic for RMR... LOL

"Weather Or No Go New Haven" is one of the many advertising slogans of the New Haven Railroad. In fact, that particular one is still visible today on a RR overpass near my house, which is why it's my sig. Several other slogans were: "The Key To New England", "The Aristocrat of New England Transportation", and "Train Yourself To Relax, Ride The New Haven Today". The "Weather" part of my sig line refers to the commonplace usage of RR passenger trains by the public when the weather turns nasty. Usually, these people are called "Snow Birds" during the occasional snow storm around here. "Weather" is of course, also a play on words (weather instead of whether). :-) There was also a radio advertising campaign for the "Go New Haven" bit.

"When you take a trip, Take the train, take the train, and be sure to get there, Go New Haven.

"When you make a date, In New York, you know For sure, you will be there, When you take the train.

"The dependable, comfortable, Convienent, low cost way. When you take a trip, Take the train. Ride the New Haven Railroad!"

to hear the whole radio jingle for the above words.

Pretty neat, but very retro... ^_^

Paul A. Cutler III

************* Weather Or No Go New Haven *************
Reply to
Pac Man

Oh, you mean like your post to Fisty Nickle telling him to get his GED? In fact, you've posted 4 times with this ID on RMR (according to Google), and only one is even close to being On Topic. Strangely enough, none of your off topic posts say "OT" either. Hmmm... Of course, all modeling posts are supposed to have the scale in the header as well, as in [N] or [HO], but nobody does that much either. Anyways, I don't mind the lack of nomenclature to properly describe a thread, what I mind is the blatantly off topic political posts that are killing this group and binaries. If you agree, great. If you don't, oh well, at least I tried.

Paul A. Cutler III

************* Weather Or No Go New Haven ************* P.S. I personally consider discussion about the rules of a group (and what should be and should not be allowed) to be "On Topic" for that group, but that's just me.
Reply to
Pac Man