advertising (gripe)

Hi All:

I picked up the latest issue of Scale Aviation Modeller Int. at Barnes & Noble this afternoon. After paging through it I have to ask, is it me or is someone over there just plane stupid? There are several adds in there with print so small that I get a headache reading them and one from "The Aviation Hobby Shop" That even with a magnifying glass will be next to impossible. I'm not gonna bother. Are these people just not checking up on what they are presumably paying for?? And then there are the e-mail advertising messages from China! How do you say SPAM in chinese? And do they really think someone over here can read their shit??

Bill Shuey Rant mode off!

Reply to
William H. Shuey

I know what you mean about TAHS. I thought my eyes were getting worse as I can't read it very well without a magnifier. Haven't gotten my copy of SAMi yet (thanks for the reminder. I'm going by the newsstand tomorrow) so I haven't seen the Chinese ads. Are they in Chinese characters? Obviously not meant for us, then.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

I don't buy SAMI, so it don't bother me. :-)

RobG

Reply to
Rob Grinberg

Ostensibly a fine mag but even the font they use for the articles is too small for me to read without magnification. This must be what it takes nowadays to pay the bills. TAHS needs to check their ad and revise. Cheers,

The Keeper (of too much crap!)

Reply to
Keeper

You mean you don't have China firewalled yet?

Reply to
Jeff C

Do you really want to know ??

Reply to
AM

holland shoulr be banned from the net.

Reply to
someone

And Nigeria should be banned from all but internal communication untill all of the scam artists devour themselves.

Tom

Reply to
Maiesm72

The Chinese adds are the e-mail SPAM from China that I keep getting, not anything in the SAMI. The thing in SAMI is the ridiculous small type.

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

AAaaahhhh, Men!

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

Say what?! What has Holland done to you?

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Ah, I see. I was thinking there were Chinese ads for e-mail services. I obviously overcomplicated.

Alas the newsstand didn't have the issue. I don't know if it had come and gone or hasn't arrived yet. I'll have to check the other one but I hate going downtown.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

actually, they should just be banned from usenet. in the music and video groups, they have turned usenet into a toilet. floods, bad files, ftd, nzb and a host of other bad deals that have killed binary retention and made those groups a morass. for a peek at a toilet, take a look in alt.binaries.sounds.mp3.complete-cd yuck.

Reply to
someone

Nah. I've been on Usenet for a long, long time... 8)

Cheers,

Andre (Dutch citizen)

Reply to
Andre van der Hoek

Yeah, for the last 2 or 3 weeks, I get about 4 or 5 letters a week from Nigeria via my fax. Sometimes I'll get 2 in 1 day! Nuke the bastards!

Reply to
frank may

Reply to
Mike Keown

China and Africa have been joined by South Africa and now Italy. There are others as well.

I just delete them, but I used to drop a line to the ones using God and Jesus to beef up their scam. Old gypsy curse. Wish I could reeber it.

Tom

Reply to
Maiesm72