OT? Made a new Toneau cover for my twuck

Pics on my website:

the Toneau link

JR Dweller in the cellar

Reply to
JR North

Last two pictures ... ... nice twees.... Ken.

Reply to
Ken Sterling

Very nice. I also have a homemade rigid tonneau cover. Mine is 7 years old by now...

Ignoramus9991

Twains need twacks.....

But twucks wun on woads.

Reply to
PrecisionMachinisT

I would think that spanning the width of the bed, and having the hinges located between the panels, that you would have a problem with rainwater being funnelled down into the bed??? I have seen some with a "bowed" framework (all one piece) that hinged in the front and raised up for access from the tailgate end. Nice job, BTW. Ken.

Reply to
Ken Sterling

My homemade tonneau cover is a bowed framework, for 2 reasons: 1) allowing rain to drain away and 2) preventing snow from making a depression in the cover.

Ignoramus21895

Reply to
JR North

Okay, gotcha. Couldn't see the 3/8" in the photos. Nice job. How big of sheets of that vinyl can you buy? Could it be done in one big blanket over the entire cover? BTW, the outside of your cover is nicer than the inside of my car Ken.

Reply to
Ken Sterling

Reply to
JR North