OT- Million Mom March Revisited

"People are more violently opposed to fur than leather, because it is easier to harrass rich women than it is motorcycle gangs." - Bumper Sticker

Reply to
Gunner

Damn Gunner,

You are doing it again! Somebody's gonna realize that ordinary citizens read this stuff and get pissed at the establishment. Me (?), I'm just building 2 new guns, a heavy barrel 10/22 and a fast twist 22-250. Purely for brotherhood and recreation, however! I dearly love my local politicians.

Mike Eberle>

mikee

Gunner scribed in :

yeah, same with the motorists treatment of cyclists. bet you they wouldn't cut me off if I was on a anything with 4 cylinders and wearing leather

swarf, steam and wind

-- David Forsyth -:- the email address is real /"\

\ / ASCII Ribbon campaign against HTML E-Mail > - - - - - - -> X If you receive email saying "Send this to everyone you know," / \ PLEASE pretend you don't know me.

Reply to
DejaVU

Don't count on it. Been in this wheelchair since June.

Reply to
wws

I have an acquaintance who used to ride regularly on crowded roads without being hassled. He claims it had something to do with the HUGE revolver strapped to his leg (Ruger Blackhawk? - something like that) in plain view of passing motorists. This was in the early 1970s or thereabouts - I doubt you could get away with it today, at least in the USA.

......Andrew

Reply to
Andrew Case

Actually..they do often cut off folks on a scooter, even if they are wearing "colors". This is the reason many serious bikers wear heavy shod boots, so you can come up beside the moron and kick out his/her side window, after they tried to kill you.

Gunner

Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.

Reply to
Gunner

Arizona, Lots of bikers carry in openly exposed holsters, as do many other folks as its totally legal to do so.

And thanks now to the idiots in the Ohio Supreme Court...Ohio looks to be another one. Chuckle

Gunner

Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.

Reply to
Gunner

Those in the know suggest that the contact not happen between moving vehicles. It's very easy to break a foot or leg that way. A number of stories I've heard, plus my own personal experiences, advise this.

The real reason that folks wear substantial footwear is for protection in the event of a crash. Some riders suggest that the the head, feet, legs, and torso, in that order, be protected the best.

jim rozen

I've seen first-hand what a knee looks like when it gets dragged along the pavement for 50+ feet with a motorcycle on top.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

The biker whom weaves in and out of traffic, be he a civilian or a motor officer, is taking advantage of the mobility and agility of the motorcycle. Its best indeed to simply leave them alone. They are watching out for you, far more than you would watch out for them. Of course there are the exceptions and we call them fatalities.

Yes indeed. There is NO such thing as a fender bender on a bike, and indeed YOU can stop faster than most bikes can, if the truth be known. You have the weight advantage over the contact patches. I dont weave in and out, at least not unsafely, and I assume that Im totally invisible to every driver on the road, so I make sure that Im never in a position that they could munch me.

Gunner

Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.

Reply to
Gunner

So there I was, stopped in traffic behind a car on my 67 Bonne. I hear squealing, look in mirror, and lo! a Fury III (that is the extra large, Missouri class battleship, maybe small flattop), nose to the ground behind me. It is truly amazing the amount, and clarity of, thoughts passing through one's mind in a few short seconds. Basically it was a fender bender, as I had the presence to not try to escape, and maybe crushed between the two. Just got loose and springy, kept the bike straight, and I launched to the rear deck ahead of me. The funny part was when the bitch asked about my insurance and I said I did not have any. You don't have....she exclaimed incredulously. Use your imagination, throw in some choice expletives, stir a bit, and you'll have a notion of my response. Bike went to the local Brit experts and man did it ride sweet when they were done. That was Brooks on Old Almaden, Fred.

michael

-- release the fish from the net to reply

Reply to
michael

I heard yesterday the "real reason" for the furor over the ten commandments in that Alabama courthouse:

It was because the ACLU decided that two of the commandments, "You shall not steal" and "You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor", created a hostile work environment for the lawyers and judges who earn their living there.

I'm now inclined to believe there is a G-d, after hearing that the 38 year old guy who was bagged for fornication in a New York City Cathedral last year, died of "natural causes" earlier this week See:

************************************************************************ Jeff

-- Jeff Wisnia (W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get.

Reply to
Jeff Wisnia

Here is a 1.5 hour debate view able on line that took place at Harvard in April.

In the debate, when Eugene Volokh, law professor, make the point that the second amendment is not for hunting or self defense, but for a balance of power between the government and the people, the other debaters have no answer.

The gross images that Gunner posted of Nazi atrocities are saying the same thing.

Reply to
Clark Magnuson

Clark Magnuson scribed in :

Yesterday at 22:20 or so, an old lady died. She was Polish, and was in Aushwitz (sp) among other camps. She was never really 'normal' as we like to think of it, and becaem Especially abnormal after the stroke a few months ago.

My father was in Stalag 4 near Leipsig, among other places. 3 years. Not being a Jew, he is normal today at age 82.

I believe more people need to see the ;gross; images, and need to know that that kind of thing is still happening in the world today, despite history.

swarf, steam and wind

-- David Forsyth -:- the email address is real /"\

\ / ASCII Ribbon campaign against HTML E-Mail > - - - - - - -> X If you receive email saying "Send this to everyone you know," / \ PLEASE pretend you don't know me.

Reply to
DejaVU

My condolences and respects

"Never again!"

Shalom

Gunner

Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.

Reply to
Gunner

Gunner scribed in :

just by the way, the ladies in the foto in question were lucky in a way. they were all quite plump still, meaning that they were not starved and worked to a skeleton before being shot, which was maybe more usual. anorexia and bulimia don't even come close

thankyou Gunner never again indeed!

swarf, steam and wind

-- David Forsyth -:- the email address is real /"\

\ / ASCII Ribbon campaign against HTML E-Mail > - - - - - - -> X If you receive email saying "Send this to everyone you know," / \ PLEASE pretend you don't know me.

Reply to
DejaVU

Ive studied the Einsatzgruppen a bit over the years, and I figure the pics were probably from Poland or the Ukraine, mid 1941 or so. The Gas Vans were used shortly after this period in many areas.

There is a LOT to be said for the slogan.." A .22 for every Jew", and historically, damned good reason. Im just so damned sad to see the huge amounts of anti-gun Jews here in the US. Seems history lessons are lost easily.