OT: Model Locomotives

Hi all:

I recently got possession of some old (20-30's), hand built "O" scale model locomotives from the UK. They are in perfect shape, on tracks and mounted.

I have no real desire to keep them, but thought I should donate them to a museum with some reference to the builder. A plaque or something with his name and donation.

I was wondering what place to give it to?

I know of the Transportation Museum in Waltham MA or the Museum of Science in Boston...

Any Ideas?

Reply to
Frank Phallen

You might want to check with the National Railroad Museum in Green Bay, Wi.

Gordon

The Science Museum in London has an excellent collection of such things; perhaps it would be worthwhile to contact them for information if nothing else? They could certainly tell you if any of your pieces are something they're after for exhibit. No idea about logistics, but if they're English, and they're museum quality, it seems to me that this would be a good place to talk to.

Dave Hinz

Reply to
Dave Hinz

I think I remember that the Indianapolis Children's Museum has a large model train exhibit.

-- Randy Replogle

I've found that relationships are like a bell curve. You love a few, hate a few, but most you're just indifferent to.

-- Randall Replogle 2006

Reply to
Randy Replogle