OT: Need a simile

I know some of you have a prettyy quick wit. I need to finish the following sentence with something funny:

"These things will sell like...."

All I can come up with is "... hotdogs at a baseball game".

Texas Parts Guy

Reply to
Rex B

"These things will sell like ice water to an Eskimo...."

Reply to
Steve Peterson

It's "hot cakes" over here (UK).

Leon

Reply to
Leon Heller

Tribbles at a Star Trek convention?

Gunner

"In my humble opinion, the petty carping levied against Bush by the Democrats proves again, it is better to have your eye plucked out by an eagle than to be nibbled to death by ducks." - Norman Liebmann

Reply to
Gunner

||"These things will sell like ice water to an Eskimo...."

Well, we hope they'll do a little betterr than that.

"...Bic lighters to eskimos"? Texas Parts Guy

Reply to
Rex B

water in the desert...

wildfire...

magic...

mad...

crazy...

gangbusters...

Super Bowl Tickets...

waffles in Weho...

bottled water at a book burning...

sandbags during a monsoon...

Furbies...

pencils before school...

justice for the rich...

dollar per pound marijuana in LA...

Vaseline at an N'SYNC concert...

there's no tomorrow...

(And, f you should need an negative one....) like ham sandwiches at a Bar Mitzvah...

Reply to
Jeff Wisnia

How about:

"....empty promises at a political convention."

..probably not what you're looking for :)

Todd

Reply to
Todd Rearick

||> "These things will sell like...." ||>

||> All I can come up with is "... hotdogs at a baseball game". ||>

||> Texas Parts Guy || ||

Texas Parts Guy

Reply to
Rex B

Straight-laced you say: Then how about

"These things will sell like flags on the fourth!"

Reply to
Brian Lawson

..jumper cables on North Main.

or

.. in Stop Six, if he is on the Northside.

Fellows, this is an inside joke but I guarantee you Rex is smiling.

Reply to
Andy Asberry

Reply to
Rex Burkheimer

Reply to
Bill Marrs

I used to work with a guy from West Texas that was just full of these things. He would crack us up nearly every day with his dry observations. One Monday morning he came in late, looking a little ragged around the edges. He said he had been sick with a fever all weekend. Had the chills, and was "shaking like' a dog passing a peach pit".

I still laugh when that mental image comes back ;)

Texas Parts Guy

Reply to
Rex B

I had a basset hound that was a stray so even with food available she would do things like snarf a loaf of bread while your back was turned. Lost 2 dozen donuts in under a minute. She got my son's birthday cake. Cake, frosting, plastic wrap,... toothpicks holding plastic wrap off frosting. They passed, but the whole neighborhood knew about it.

Joel. phx

Reply to
Joel Corwith

"Depends" at a senior citizens' dance....

Reply to
Ken Sterling

Sh*t at a fly convention.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

An old fellow at the tractor dealership remarked that a bad bearing "was singing like a 20 penny finishing nail hit with a greasy ball peen hammer."

Reply to
Andy Asberry

||On Fri, 23 Jul 2004 14:57:55 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@REMOVEtxol.net (Rex B) ||wrote: || ||>I know some of you have a prettyy quick wit. ||>I need to finish the following sentence with something funny: ||>

||>"These things will sell like...." ||>

||>All I can come up with is "... hotdogs at a baseball game". ||>

||>Texas Parts Guy || ||An old fellow at the tractor dealership remarked that a bad bearing ||"was singing like a 20 penny finishing nail hit with a greasy ball ||peen hammer."

That's pretty picturesque :) Texas Parts Guy

Reply to
Rex B

How bout boiled lollies and trenchcoats at a pedophile convention.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

Oh yeah, the boss would love that one ! ;)|

Texas Parts Guy

Reply to
Rex B