OT: PING ex-smokers

I agree. The hypnotist is the only thing that ever helped me quit smoking. Im smoking today, only because I now live with the ex wife, son and daughter that smoke. But Im down to 5-6 a day. And Ill be visiting a hypnotist again very soon. and see if I cant quit totally.

The "patch" has been a tremendous help btw.

After the stroke, I went 8 days without a smoke, only having restarted a few days ago, and the patch has been of great help.

Gunner

"Human nature is bad. Good is a human product  A warped piece of wood must be steamed and forced before it is made straight; a metal blade must be put to the whetstone before it becomes sharp. Since the nature of people is bad, to become corrected they must be taught by teachers and to be orderly they must acquire ritual and moral principles." ?Sun Tzu

Reply to
Gunner Asch

I thought you would like it. I'm still considering a rewrite, doesn't flow as nice as I'd like it to.

Wes

Reply to
Wes

It's like a little radiation. Slightly pregnant. I'll only stick it in a little way. This will only hurt a little.

What is is, what ain't ain't.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

A friend who was a four pack a dayer was told by his doctor during an ER visit for something else, - "One more cigarette and it'll be your LAST one". The scare did the trick and he never lit up again.

Another friend quit cold in 1983, but did switch to a cigar or two a day.

A relative, at age 45, coughed a bit too much one morning and decided that was it - had smoked for 30 years.

Another friend saw the brown sludge on a ledge where ppl put their sneaked smoke in the ladies room, saw the sign which said This is what your lungs look like - and quit cold.

Another friend's granddaughter said 'Gramma, you smell awful' and claims that did it for her.

I read a book called Smoke Free at Last - opened my eyes to the hazards of smoking. I wasn't a heavy smoker, and don't think I was addicted. I adopted the attitude that, instead of feeling deprived, I was free of the burden of smoking.

Reply to
tweeny90655

That might be a good attitude for quitter to adopt. (nobody likes a quitter)

Rather than quiting, we are free of the addiction.

Got that monkey off my back!

Reply to
cavelamb

Now you just have to deal with the 600 pound machine tool gorilla!

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

I smoked three packs of unfiltered Camels a day for 15 years. Had my last one in the summer of 1984. I used the nicotine gum for a few weeks, and it certainly helped (also tasted like licking an ashtray). I also went for long walks without my cigarettes, and went to movies without them as well.

A very big thing that helped was that I moved into a new house a few weeks later, and I have NEVER smoked in this house.

Now the bad news: It's been 25 years and I STILL have the desire to smoke. Sometimes when I'm working, I find myself reaching into my pocket looking for a smoke. I guess that will never stop. It's 7:05pm. I still have time for half a pack before bed.

One thing I know for sure is that I must never smoke a single cigarette again, unless I'm prepared to start the whole thing over. Anyone who says that tobacco isn't addictive is simply full of shit.

I've been known to say that I'm waiting for the day that I get diagnosed with a surely fatal but otherwise asymptomatic disease so that I can start smoking again.

sheesh.

Reply to
pmv

Less than that now that the feds are raising cigarette taxes.

Cigarette smokers must be the highest paid people in the US. Cause Obama said he would not raise taxes on anyone making less than $250,000 a year.

Dan

Reply to
dcaster