You know you're getting old ...

When you remember buying monthly hobby magazines for 60p and today;s price for Model Engineer's Workshop in WHSmith is £3-95p.

Bought my once-per-year issues of ME / EIM / MEW & PW and got knocked back for £13-50p.

Once-per-year could become biennial at those prices with so little editorial content and too many articles along the lines of, " ...continued from page xyz in the July issue"!

Reply to
anon and off

Zero editorial in August MEW, just an advert for a speed controller 'manufacturer'!

Outrageous! I made the mistake of not cancelling the direct debit last month so I'm in for another year of CNC and (ex)Myford. :(

Reply to
elj221c

Getting old when:- You reach to pull down your magnifier visor, when reading the newspaper at breakfast. You drop a small nut, and just get a new one from the packet, because bending down to find it is hard work.

Reply to
SimonH

When: (1) You'd rather walk around your trailer instead of stepping over the A frame.

(b) You start looking at advertisements for electric start kits for your MAC Velocette.

JW²

Reply to
JW²

When: a) Need to keep within reach of the loo. b) Forget to zip-up after using the loo. c) Forget to unzip before using the loo.

Reply to
lemel_man

You know when your getting old when you come in from the garage and ask your wife if she has seen the screw driver your waving in front of her face as you cant find it.

Martin P

Reply to
campingstoveman

I must be getting old then ... I've just been looking for the screwdriver that I was holding and getting annoyed I could not find it :)

Reply to
Lester Caine

I must be getting old then ... I've just been looking for the screwdriver that I was holding and getting annoyed I could not find it :)

Reply to
Steve

You know you're getting old when you wash your face in the bath and realise you've still got your specs on.

Allan

Reply to
Allan Waterfall

Reply to
SimonH

Well when I look at my Zeus Book ... and see that it was bought pre-decimalization,

my 'new one' was 0.80p and I see current price on Amazon is £7.95

Reply to
Rick Hughes

The lasting legacy from the years of Labour mis-rule is that a Pound Sterling is now only worth a shilling.

Reply to
anon and off